What new flock member are you looking to add?

I have chicks in my online cart at Meyers for the spring, I keep adding more and will decide by January which four I will keep, plus the meal maker is five. My issue is deciding who has to go next year... I have 7 spring chickens from this year, I want to move on 3 next year while they are still laying and people will want them. That will increase my flock from 7 to 9 I think 10 or 12 would be fine (maybe 15) but I am not going to double down all at once. My coop (linked to left) is about 175 sq ft but I do not want to crowd them up. I plan on adding 2 to the total each year until it feels just right. Chicken math! The subtraction is already on my mind

Gary

I want the biggest Brahma rooster I can find! Haha. Also an Orpington to replace a loss, however my girls are all doing well and I'm afraid to actually add anyone and rock the boat.

Soooo, most likely I'm making a new house for some ducks instead!
Yep, we have been there! I know you guys are gonna laugh but, we have 3 coops for 9 chickens. Just want peace!!:weeWE will get better as time goes along i'm sure.

More Partridge Chanteclers, maybe more Silver Ameraucanas. I might hatch Svarthonas or Brahmas too, but not many. I have enough birds.
I don't think you're message came through clearly. Silly website, it looked like you said that you have enough birds. But from everything I've read on this website nobody has enough birds! There must've been a glitch in the matrix

I've got a colorful flock, as you can see below... I think next year after egg production starts to slow down, I'm going to add a copper marans, an olive egger and maybe an legbar... get on the colorful egg basket kick.

I'll be letting my Broodys hatch out Chicks and possibly keep a Pullet or two?..They are Brahma/Ameruacana and Orpington cross..I kept two Pullets this past summer..
Also more Call Duck Hens...Can never have too many Ducks....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom