What other breed(s) does my ayam cemani cross have in him?

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
I have had this ayam cemani cross for over a year and was wondering what other breed(s) he has in him? I'm leaning towards silkie due to the comb and feathered feet. What do y'all think? If he is a silkie/ayam cemani mix and I bred him to a mystic onyx hen (which is silkie crossed with meat breed I believe?) could the offspring possibly come out with silkie feather type? I know they would both have to carry the silkie gene for that. I guess the only way to tell if they are carrying the silkie gene is to try and breed them together. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• InCollage_20230411_141348030.jpg
    InCollage_20230411_141348030.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 104
Do we know that he definitely is part Ayam Cemani? I would think it's just a Silkie mixed with a rose combed breed. There's a chance the offspring would be silked as it's a recessive gene. If neither parent are showing it and both carry it, only 25% of offspring would be silked :)

Do we know that he definitely is part Ayam Cemani? I would think it's just a Silkie mixed with a rose combed breed. There's a chance the offspring would be silked as it's a recessive gene. If neither parent are showing it and both carry it, only 25% of offspring would be silked :)
I was told he is ayam cemani mix. They just didn't know what else he was mixed with. 🤷🏼‍♀️ He has a green sheen to his feathers like the ayam cemani.

I have had this ayam cemani cross for over a year and was wondering what other breed(s) he has in him? I'm leaning towards silkie due to the comb and feathered feet. What do y'all think? If he is a silkie/ayam cemani mix and I bred him to a mystic onyx hen (which is silkie crossed with meat breed I believe?) could the offspring possibly come out with silkie feather type? I know they would both have to carry the silkie gene for that. I guess the only way to tell if they are carrying the silkie gene is to try and breed them together. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Looks to be ameraucana.

This is my F4 Olive Egger. They look similar, like I bred my rooster to an AC.

Attachments

• 20231226_152141.jpg
    20231226_152141.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom