What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I palates my mini Rex for and she came out positive. Thinking around 2-4. I know at least to cause I felt them. She's the doe I didn't breed. I don't know how she got preg. There's a buck next her, but it could have also been her baby bucks. They were14weeks before we weaned. Never letting them stay that long again.

We have a four week old litter at the moment, and last week one of them was trying to breed her sibling! I would personally never leave them together that long, most likely your doe was bred by one the bucklings

I went to one of the local pet store's today and there was a beautiful albino mini lop buck there,they want $40 for there young rabbits but I heard the manager tell one of the workers to mark him down $30 nest week than the next week $20. And I've been wanting to get a pair of mini lops for breeding and I might go snag him up when he's down to $20,but I'll check in every week to see if he is still available and hopefully he is!!!!

I went to one of the local pet store's today and there was a beautiful albino mini lop buck there,they want $40 for there young rabbits but I heard the manager tell one of the workers to mark him down $30 nest week than the next week $20. And I've been wanting to get a pair of mini lops for breeding and I might go snag him up when he's down to $20,but I'll check in every week to see if he is still available and hopefully he is!!!!

I really wouldn't buy breeding rabbits from a pet shop- no mater how cheap they are. If you want to breed mini lops I advise you find some one who breeds them, preferably for brood and show, and go from there :)

I love rabbits! Currently I have two solid black Netherland dwarfs(doe and buck,) one broken black mini lop doe, one white lionhead doe and one orange lionhead doe.

I really wouldn't buy breeding rabbits from a pet shop- no mater how cheap they are. If you want to breed mini lops I advise you find some one who breeds them, preferably for brood and show, and go from there :)
That's what I have been thinking! I actually thought that pet store rabbits wouldn't best quality and probably breeding just to make a dollar and not really caring about the breed. I have a old teacher that has mini lops,new zealand whites,and all kinds of rabbits and was thinking of asking her because she breeds her's often

That's what I have been thinking! I actually thought that pet store rabbits wouldn't best quality and probably breeding just to make a dollar and not really caring about the breed. I have a old teacher that has mini lops,new zealand whites,and all kinds of rabbits and was thinking of asking her because she breeds her's often

Yea, that sounds better :) Let us know how it goes!
I love rabbits! Currently I have two solid black Netherland dwarfs(doe and buck,) one broken black mini lop doe, one white lionhead doe and one orange lionhead doe.

Hi! Your rabbits sound awesome :) I've always wanted Lion heads, but you can't get them in New Zealand, so Jersey woolies are the next best thing for me

My culls are sold as pets. Or meat but generally picked up as pets. If you're wanting to get into breeding for show or high quality buy breeders from a good breeder, not the culls sent to the pet store. It will be better later for you. You won't have to breed any bad traits out immediately most likely starting with quality stock and you know what you're getting from a breeder (usually lol - def more often than a pet store). Could buy as a pet to hold your bunny fever over!

Last edited:
My culls are sold as pets. Or meat but generally picked up as pets. If you're wanting to get into breeding for show or high quality buy breeders from a good breeder, not the culls sent to the pet store. It will be better later for you. You won't have to breed any bad traits out immediately most likely starting with quality stock and you know what you're getting from a breeder (usually lol - def more often than a pet store). Could buy as a pet to hold your bunny fever over!
That's true but I'm just a backyard homestead hobby farmer and breed to make a little $ and I love the kits and getting other people started with a rabbitry or pet and the only advertising I do is maybe Craigslist and Facebook. I also have a pair of new zealand whites I'm gonna breed to sell as meat because I want to have 2 pairs of rabbits,a pair of ''meat'' rabbits which I have new zelaand whites for and I wanna get a pair of ''pet'' rabbits which I want to get mini lops. I was thinking that pet store rabbits wouldn't be the best choice as in quality or anything but than again it's a mini lop and I will probably get the doe from my old teacher that breeds rabbits.

. I was thinking that pet store rabbits wouldn't be the best choice as in quality or anything but than again it's a mini lop and I will probably get the doe from my old teacher that breeds rabbits.
Wanta bet?

For a long time, "Mini Lop" has been some people's catch-all term for any rabbit with ears that don't happen to go up. I can't tell you how many times I have had someone tell me that they'd bought a "Mini Lop" baby that grew to 10 or 12 pounds. If you are buying from a breeder, you at least get a chance to see their stock, and know what the parents look like. At a pet shop, the animal may or may not be as represented. All a lot of pet shop personnel know about rabbits is how to ring them up on the register, so they often have to take the word of the person they get the rabbits from. There are an awful lot of 4-pound mixed breed rabbits around here that are being sold as "Netherland Dwarfs."

Back
Top Bottom