What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I love hotos! So pretty!

Here's an updated pic of Alice my Dwarf Hotot :)

With that much color around her eyes, and especially that full butterfly on her nose, I don't think she's a Charlie, I think she's just a lightly-marked broken.

That's what I was thinking. But she's Beautyful. My first Brocken black otter I get to keep. I just don't like her back bone strip. I'm used to heavily marked rabbits

That's the buck I traded for her. I wish I would have kept that buck, but it was a fair trade. I got the better deal though. That buck won't do to good on the show table. Chickens eat his toes off.(4 of them) but he'll though good show quality baby's.
I'm thinking about keeping this kit( hoping its a doe)

So far I think "she's" a buck, but looks promising with coloring. Nice rich coloring, I'll keep him/her until 4-6months and watch out for color, head, ears and romp. Also weight( that's our herds buck problem, he's 5.7lbs our smallest doe is 4.2)can't find good quality small mini Rex does around here. There's only 3-6 breeders around her and no ones got what I'm looking for. I my self is trying to work with black( broken, otters, solids) but I only have( personly) 2 black( solid and broken otter) does, which is why I'm wanting the black kit. In away I'm wanting him to be a buck.
Any tips on what I should look for in a great quality black(otter, Brocken otter, solid, Brocken) mini Rex.

We just peaked. There is so much fur I'm surprised she isn't bald. 6 kits. The doe is a otter the buck is black. Is it odd that two of the kits are a beige/brown. The others are dark.

@SternRose That buck wouldn't do anything on a show table-he'd be instantly DQ'd. You can't show a rabbit that has parts missing. Rabbits are often DQ'd for claws that have broken off too short for the judge to determine their color.

As far as tips on what to look for, as long as there aren't too many stray white hairs, black and otter are fairly easy colors to get right. Type is by far the tougher consideration; here's a link on how to judge that: http://cottonwoodfarms.tripod.com/pencil.html

@K Epp Congrats on your new litter!
woot.gif

There are a whole bunch of recessives that could be lurking behind otter and black, so no, there's nothing odd about a couple of lighter colored babies. Now you have the fun of trying to figure out what they are!

Back
Top Bottom