What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
What's the going rate for a stud fee in rabbits? Guess I should add its Lionheads. I had someone ask me and I have no idea what to charge. I sell bunnies for $20-$30.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the stud fee too. I know many people offer pick of litter instead of paying, but I would rather my kids keep the best b/c we are trying to improve stock. We have a castor that is desperate to breed, but no castor to cross her with, and no desire to get a new buck. I could cross her with our red or our broken black, but would rather not end up with smutty reds or all blacks. What to do.......:)

On another note, both of our pregnant does kindled last night! Five kits each, and they all look healthy.
Our red doe's kits. Red to red breeding, hopefully all red kits.

And our tort doe's kits.Tort to tort breeding, am hoping for torts, but looks like we have a bit of a rainbow! The ped on our buck has several REW, and both parents carry dilute, so hard to tell what these babies will turn out like.

What's the going rate for a stud fee in rabbits? Guess I should add its Lionheads. I had someone ask me and I have no idea what to charge. I sell bunnies for $20-$30.

For health reasons I have not permitted outside use of my bucks. Vent disease, pasteurella, and mites, just to name a few of the problems that I don't want to take a chance bringing into my rabbitry. All new rabbits go into the quarantine area for 30 days. I haven't ever had a health issue and prefer to keep it that way. That's not a criticism of others rabbits, it's simply good health & biosecurity practice.

I was wondering about the stud fee too. I know many people offer pick of litter instead of paying, but I would rather my kids keep the best b/c we are trying to improve stock. We have a castor that is desperate to breed, but no castor to cross her with, and no desire to get a new buck. I could cross her with our red or our broken black, but would rather not end up with smutty reds or all blacks. What to do.......:)

On another note, both of our pregnant does kindled last night! Five kits each, and they all look healthy.

And our tort doe's kits.Tort to tort breeding, am hoping for torts, but looks like we have a bit of a rainbow! The ped on our buck has several REW, and both parents carry dilute, so hard to tell what these babies will turn out like.

Aww such cuties! Hopefully mine will have babies. I've waited so long, will hate to have to re-breed and try again for a 4th or 5th time :/

Cute kits! Congratulations!

One of my does is due February 13th. I really hope she kindles! It is her first time.
smile.png

Woohoo!!, my Tort doe (bred to a Broken black buck) had 6 babies this morning that I know of so far. One still born out of the six, and I'm waiting till it warms up outside to count them for sure. #SOHAPY

I would like to get into a meat breed that is friendly so we can keep them and enjoy them as pets but also butcher excess babies and show. Does anyone have suggestions? I've had rabbits as pets growing up. Litter box trained and kept them free roaming in the house but now that we bought a huge farm we'd like to raise them as a sustainable food source as well as pets and show animals! Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom