What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters

holland lop with airplane ears... lolz

I knew someone who sold some Californian/New Zealands to a snake owner with the idea that the rabbits would be used as breeders. Some time later, they learned that their rabbits had been fed to the snakes. They were livid! They said they wouldn't have minded if the rabbits had been eaten by the people (that's what they were raising rabbits for to begin with), but they drew the line at snakes. My feeling is, a dead rabbit is a dead rabbit; as long as it is a humane death, does it really matter what happens to it after it is dead?
I wouldn't mind selling rabbits to snake owners as long as they told me that they were gonna use them for snake snacks. But if they lied to me about it, that would tick me off.

Has anyone eaten MR's before? We're going to eat most or bucks
Mini Rex's?, never heard of people eating them...

holland lop with airplane ears... lolz
Aww, I love when they're young and their ears stand up

I had 2 does that kindled over the weekend. One doe had 9 and when I went to do a check on them today I do believe I seen a broken blue and a solid blue! So excited! My other doe had 8 kits with 4 broken blacks and 4 blacks

I just came in after checking our bunnies. Our youngest group are 4 weeks old. I can't believe they were ever as tiny as yours. They grow amazingly fast. Our first group are 10 weeks old and 4.5 lbs. I've had several people tell me they are interested but no follow through. The people who want meat, don't want to pay 20.00 for a rabbit. People interested in pets, When they see the parents or I tell them the mom is over 9 lbs, they think that's crazy big for a pet rabbit. I think the moms look just like any old fat lap cat. But then again, I like plump/full size pets.

Hi Everyone!
Things have been going great and I have a chance of getting 1=2 more german angora's ! But my question are, how long should I keep them apart and should I dust them with DEA and put some in their food and how much? She has 13 of them but she's 82 and wants to cut down now so it's my luck knowing here for 35 yr's! I don't want to hurt my bunch so any help would be appreciated. Thank you
celebrate.gif
Oh! does anyone know of a free website?!

Last edited:
In the rare occasion I but a new rabbit these days, I will only buy it if it appears healthy. At that point, it all goes into quarantine for 30 days. If it's necessary to treat it for anything, it's usually a cull. Are you worried about mites? What's your concern?

They seem ok but I haven't held any. She lives in town and she's had animals in her garage so there's no telling what else might of came in with those animals! I'd rather be prepared them to have to rush and look up with trembling hands! lol

I agree with Redridge. The only "new" rabbit I brought in was a buck who appeared healthy to me based on initial inspection. The breeder I got him from kept his herd in the backyard and allowed them to have the run of the yard. It was quite clean for the number of rabbits he had. However, the buck was kept in quarantine for 30 days. Separate cage on the complete opposite side of our large back yard. I inspected him for those 30 days and did not see any need for any treatment and he appeared healthy so he eventually was used as my breeding buck. I may have been overly cautious but I made sure to always take care of our does first and then him. I did that to insure no cross contamination during quarantine. Best of luck. Now I have to look up German Angoras
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom