What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Both my Netherland Dwarf doe & my Lion Lop doe are from responsible as well as reputable breeders. I specifically got 'sisters' instead of a pair, so they wouldn't breed every month. I haven't bred either of them but I have stayed and will continue to stay in touch with who I got them from, they're my friends now. I have found homes for ducklings and not only do I make friends with the families I send them to, if we're not already friends, but we talk on a regular basis. I even visit the animals I've given them to at their homes. I know exactly how the animals I've found homes for are doing. And, yes I would be willing to spend any amount of time explaining anything and everything to anyone interested. I most certainly would.
Also, if you can, it may be better to breed your Netherlands Dwarf, because pure reds tend to go to better homes.

You're very welcome. That comment made my day.

:)

Awwww, I was born with a cleft palate too, so I empathize with your little drake.

Awe, thank you. I love him. He's really
a sweet and beautiful boy. Both of my babies, he is the black and white magpie
2764.png

Also, if you can, it may be better to breed your Netherlands Dwarf, because pure reds tend to go to better homes.

Thanks again for all the advice you've given :)

Last edited:
His name is Cal (he came from California) and her's is Winter. Before I hatched Cal, it was just Winter and she lived inside as a house duck for the first 13 months of her life. Hatched by me and raised by my baby, my Yorkshire Terrier Palmer. Ducks can be messy but they are also worth it. My two Call ducks, my two bunny rabbits, and my two Silkie chickens are all my Palmer's babies. I love my babies more than absolutely anything and they are sweethearts!
1f43e.png
1f495.png

Last edited:
His name is Cal (he came from California) and her's is Winter. Before I hatched Cal, it was just Winter and she lived inside as a house duck for the first 13 months of her life. Hatched by me and raised by my baby, my Yorkshire Terrier Palmer. Ducks can be messy but they are also worth it. My two Call ducks, my two bunny rabbits, and my two Silkie chickens are all my Palmer's babies. I love my babies more than absolutely anything and they are sweethearts!
1f43e.png
1f495.png

Aww what cute animals! What's Cal's official color called?

they look so soft. is that what is popular about the otter rex, their fur?
do they shed alot? my bucks are shedding now, is this cuz of the heat & time of yr? i will google it.

Well, otter is the color (black with tan markings), but it is Rex fur that is incredibly soft. It's extremely short and dense, and they do shed a fair amount. I brushed them right before those photos actually... They're almost all blowing their coats to one degree or another right now. My broken castor is the worst. It's like she decided to drop all of her fur at once right now, so half her coat is giant tufts that fall right out when you touch her and the other half is extremely short and growing in fast. The rest of them are just shedding mostly like normal but much more than usual. I would say their coat change to winter is a little more dramatic but I don't know that they shed any more than the NZWs really, just differently.

@Amanda, If you have no plans to breed them, and plan to spay them because animals are, as you say, "your life" and you never want them to produce anything (like how you keep your birds) and you love them so much that you want them to lead long happy lives... Great. Fewer rabbits in shelters.
But you implied that you might breed them since you were asking about what they might "produce" if bred and the whole discussion was based off of a post suggesting that you don't breed them for the reasons people listed. If you're comfortable with the fact that no matter what you do probably at least half the rabbits you produce will live terrible lives or die very young (since even if you screen everyone and they go to generally good homes and you keep in contact, if the female rabbits never get spayed (a $100+ operation if you can even find a vet to do it) they will die very young anyhow), then go right ahead and breed 'em. It's a free country and all that. They're just rabbits after all. :p Heck, I eat them. Who am I to complain, right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom