What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Would prefer a pullet as I also bought Salmon Faverolles roos. Want to start raising Salmon Faverolles. Wouldn't mind a Faverolle/Cochin cross.

Faverolles are the cutest. We have a hen about a year old. Her names is Toes because obviously they have an extra toe and when she was 1 chick out of 26 in the brooder that's what stood out about her. She's just a doll. Quiet, easy going, cute as a button.

Last edited:
Loved my Salmon Faverolle roo. I was sick last year and roommate got home late. Before he could lock everyone up a fox had taken the Salmon Faverolle roo. Starting over again this year with the Salmon Faverolle chicks. He was so calm. He wouldn't ever think of eating a goodie he found. He always offered it to his girls.

Would prefer a pullet as I also bought Salmon Faverolles roos.  Want to start raising Salmon Faverolles.  Wouldn't mind a Faverolle/Cochin cross. 

A Faverolle/Cochin cross does sound interesting. I was sorry to read about the loss of the Faverolle roo. A good roo is always hard to lose.

My free chick was a gorgeous Black Cochin. Roo, of course.
A black Cochin would have been my second choice.

I belong to MM's forum. It's not very active but I participate when someone does write a question. Someone sent in a picture of their mystery chick last week and MM wrote back that it was a Blue Cochin. I wrote and said the chick was lovely and I'd love to get one the next week when I get my chicks. Then I really get the Cochin. I do wonder if someone at MM made sure I got the Blue Cochin or whether it was just plain luck.

My shipment is coming on May 1st. I'm hoping for a Pheonix, Yokohama, or some sort of Cochin. Here's my order.
3 Black Langshan
3 Turkens
1 Mottled Houdan
1 White Crested Black Polish
2 Modern Games
1 Buttercup
2 Golden Pencilled Hamburgs
1 Whiting True Blue
1 White Laced Red Cornish

All chicks have arrived, all are healthy and alive;surprisingly lively considering the shipping. My exotic chick is a Buff Laced Polish. Already I can tell that it is a roo.

I placed an order due to arrive on the week of 5/22! c:

I ORDERED:

Polish:
3 White Crested Black
3 Buff Laced
2 Gold Laced

Other:
3 Sultans
4 Houdan
1 Mystery Chick

I'm also getting 2 Cream Legbars, and 1 Golden Cuckoo Maran from other sources. I am incredibly exited!

My free chick was a silver spangled Hamburg, he/she is very beautiful
Does anyone know how to tell male from females, thanks in advance.:)
C9349764-FD16-4C3A-9FD4-93EAEB6A99C5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom