What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

We had gotten a Polish male. We ordered 20 girls 2 Straight run and two boys. Which was not too smart of me knowing that no one wanted the boys, lol so of course I got 4 boys. My extra was a Polish. They update their site every half hour and I did that religiously and someone would cancel and that's how I got mine. But the nails are nasty already

What do you guys think? I know not the best pictures but it's late...lol

Would Murray McMurray Hatchery send a bantam chick as my exotic chick if the rest of my order was standard chickens? I have one that is so much smaller than all the others. I hope she won't get picked on...

Would Murray McMurray Hatchery send a bantam chick as my exotic chick if the rest of my order was standard chickens?  I have one that is so much smaller than all the others.  I hope she won't get picked on...

You wouldn't think they would, but I live in the northeastern US and ordered all cold hardy chickens. They sent me a Houdan for my free exotic chick. Houdans are not cold hardy. What were they thinking?

You wouldn't think they would, but I live in the northeastern US and ordered all cold hardy chickens. They sent me a Houdan for my free exotic chick. Houdans are not cold hardy. What were they thinking?

Seems kind of silly, but I think the person who puts the extra chick in there doesn't know the order. They just go to a bin that has a couple extra babies from the hatch and put one into the box with the rest.

Would Murray McMurray Hatchery send a bantam chick as my exotic chick if the rest of my order was standard chickens? I have one that is so much smaller than all the others. I hope she won't get picked on...

I haven't heard of that. The little babe could possibly be one of the small standard breeds. I know that my Hamburg girl was nearly the size of some of my bantams once she grew up.

Looks like this one might be the mystery chick. Any guesses on breed and/or gender?

Because of the color of the leg-skin, I'm going to guess Cuckoo Maran rooster, just like I got. : )

Back
Top Bottom