What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

I am so sorry to hear about the sick and dead chicks. It is good hearing about all the others though. I am so happy for you. Your little Cohin seems so sweet and is too adorable. I will not be seeing mine until March. I wonder why they made me wait so long?
Thank you and yes the free blue cochin is real sweet and let's me pick him/her up. I really hope it's a hen!! And your order was longer probably cause they might have run out or some of the breeds you chose aren't available till than. Either way it's great when you get them
ya.gif

Thank you and yes the free blue cochin is real sweet and let's me pick him/her up. I really hope it's a hen!! And your order was longer probably cause they might have run out or some of the breeds you chose aren't available till than. Either way it's great when you get them:ya  
I know. It seems so long though. We placed an order in November. Maybe November was too late. I knew that we would have to wait for shipping time. Either way I cannot wait!

Could be salmon favorelles. I had one as my free exotic but it didn't survive shipment. I had almost the whole order doa. I received the replacements today and they are all ok for now. Looks like mostly EEs. Some buff orp and leghorn maybe. I ordered the choice layer assortment. This one had a heat pack so they were nice and warm.

hmm. It must have been our selection in our order of 32. A friend of mine did hers the week after me and has her chicks. She did brown layers and 15 meat birds.
Yea maybe they hatch different times. And like I said I was dead when I got them home and another was gasping for air which died,and than since than 9 more died. I came out this morning to the brooder to find 4 dead. It's the first time I ordered from any hatchery and I picked Mcmurray cause I've heard so much good things about them,as you've read they don't seem to be the healthiest at all and a couple others are looking like there on the line of death. I don't know if it's there stock or just sickness or what? But I did call them yesterday and told them 12 more died when only 5 were dead at the time because there were a few others looking sick and I figured they would of died as I expected and they did. So I wasn't gonna be out those birds or my money because they died after the 48 hours. And of course I ordered those birds cause I wanted them and of course they can't ship just 2-6 chicks. So I told them all together 14 died,they had the 2 I told them the day before and I told them the one's that weren't looking to good. I also told them a few others just in case more died. So I have 14 chicks(plus she told me they'll add more for warmth which will most likely be cockerels which don't matter as long as I get the birds back) and she was real nice and I was too and it all worked out. I just don;t know if I wanna order from Murray Mcmurray after that
he.gif
hmm.png
But I'm glad I'm getting my birds back.

I ordered from Mcmurray's for the first time and am expecting them to arrive February 7-10 th. The wait is killing me!! First time chicks. Have an almost complete coop and we are finishing up the brooder now.
We ordered:
The frying pan special (15 white leghorn males)
A free exotic
All females now:
Dark brahma
Silver laced wyandotte
Buff orpington
Speckled sussex
Colombian wyandotte
Golden laced wyandotte
Blue cochin
Two Easter eggers
Barred rock

And hoping for lots of packing peanuts!!! Which probably means I won't get any!!

I ordered from Mcmurray's for the first time and am expecting them to arrive February 7-10 th. The wait is killing me!! First time chicks. Have an almost complete coop and we are finishing up the brooder now.
We ordered:
A free exotic
All females now:
Dark brahma
Silver laced wyandotte
Buff orpington
Speckled sussex
Colombian wyandotte
Golden laced wyandotte
Blue cochin
Two Easter eggers
Barred rock

And hoping for lots of packing peanuts!!! Which probably means I won't get any!!
wow! You have quite a selection. I bet your flock will look really pretty

We ordered:
A free exotic
All females now:
Dark brahma
Silver laced wyandotte
Buff orpington
Speckled sussex
Colombian wyandotte
Golden laced wyandotte
Blue cochin
Two Easter eggers
Barred rock

Do they really use packing peanuts? That is not good. They break down when moisture hits. Those babies will pee and poo which is 85-100% liquid. They should use straw and possibly a warm pack or two. This is the first time that I have ordered chicks on my own, so I really do not know.

Back
Top Bottom