What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
Yea maybe they hatch different times. And like I said I was dead when I got them home and another was gasping for air which died,and than since than 9 more died. I came out this morning to the brooder to find 4 dead. It's the first time I ordered from any hatchery and I picked Mcmurray cause I've heard so much good things about them,as you've read they don't seem to be the healthiest at all and a couple others are looking like there on the line of death. I don't know if it's there stock or just sickness or what? But I did call them yesterday and told them 12 more died when only 5 were dead at the time because there were a few others looking sick and I figured they would of died as I expected and they did. So I wasn't gonna be out those birds or my money because they died after the 48 hours. And of course I ordered those birds cause I wanted them and of course they can't ship just 2-6 chicks. So I told them all together 14 died,they had the 2 I told them the day before and I told them the one's that weren't looking to good. I also told them a few others just in case more died. So I have 14 chicks(plus she told me they'll add more for warmth which will most likely be cockerels which don't matter as long as I get the birds back) and she was real nice and I was too and it all worked out. I just don;t know if I wanna order from Murray Mcmurray after that:he :/  But I'm glad I'm getting my birds back.
Okay....My excitement level just went way down. I am sorry to hear that you have lost so many. This kinda worries me.
Are you concerned that the new chicks will be well? Did they get the Marek's shot? I got both shots and ordered the gel and feed. I will already have feed and water in the brooder when they arrive anyway but I want to make sure everything is as perfect as I can make it. I cannot loose chicks. Not only will I have to deal with it, but my son's as well.
I just wonder why this is happening. That way you or anyone else won't have these issues.

Okay....My excitement level just went way down. I am sorry to hear that you have lost so many. This kinda worries me.
Are you concerned that the new chicks will be well? Did they get the Marek's shot? I got both shots and ordered the gel and feed. I will already have feed and water in the brooder when they arrive anyway but I want to make sure everything is as perfect as I can make it. I cannot loose chicks. Not only will I have to deal with it, but my son's as well.
I just wonder why this is happening. That way you or anyone else won't have these issues.
I've lost 14 and have 12 left
hmm.png
somad.gif
I didn't get the marek's shot and they always put a little bit of the gel in the box when they put them in there. Like I said I have 14 plus a few extra cockerels for warmth coming. I'm gonna get an electrolyte packet from TSC before Monday or tomorrow so my remaining chicks and when the new one's come they can get some hydration and electrolytes. It does suck a lot,there the first hatchery I've ever ordered form and I've always heard such great things but after that experience. But I'm glad there shipping more but I'm really hoping they are lively!!! But every batch is different I guess so you might be fine. Just hope they are alright
fl.gif

It is not unusual to have one or two die in transit. I ordered 25 from McMurray and have eight left. They sent a new batch and only 6 died. I guess they are having a bad year. I ordered some birds on sale from ideal and only 6 died. I ordered meat birds from Meyer and 1 died. I did notice that the other hatcheries I got them in 2 days. With McMurray I got them in 3-4 days. I think that is the problem.

Packing peanuts are not plastic pieces. They are male baby chicks that hatcheries put in for extra warmth. They are free of charge.

It is not unusual to have one or two die in transit. I ordered 25 from McMurray and have eight left. They sent a new batch and only 6 died. I guess they are having a bad year. I ordered some birds on sale from ideal and only 6 died. I ordered meat birds from Meyer and 1 died. I did notice that the other hatcheries I got them in 2 days. With McMurray I got them in 3-4 days. I think that is the problem.

Packing peanuts are not plastic pieces. They are male baby chicks that hatcheries put in for extra warmth. They are free of charge.
Hahaha!!! I got you on the "packing peanuts". My parents and grandparents have ordered from McMurray for years with no issues. This 3-4 day thing completely sucks. They should learn from these mistakes. I am not sure why they have changed. It was not for the better.

I ordered from McMurray. I ordered 25 got 27 an extra meat bird and the mystery chick. I lost two hens by the 48 .hr mark. Was reimbursed on the spot no questions asked. And my remaining 25 are super active and happy!

Back
Top Bottom