What will protect them

RiDaGeckoGuy

Songster
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh county, OK
My neighbours dogs want my chickens dead they are like 7 lbs and my 130 lb German shepherd mix Rusty and my 70 lb black lab blue tic mix Nova won’t do nothing because they like them. My dogs have fought cats, stray dogs, and coyotes but not these dogs and I don’t want to make enemies with my neighbours if I kill their dogs so I need something to guard my chickens preferably not a water fowl. My dogs.
D035EE8B-DFD3-4657-99BD-8CCDAFAF06C7.jpeg

My neighbours dogs want my chickens dead they are like 7 lbs and my 130 lb German shepherd mix Rusty and my 70 lb black lab blue tic mix Nova won’t do nothing because they like them. My dogs have fought cats, stray dogs, and coyotes but not these dogs and I don’t want to make enemies with my neighbours if I kill their dogs so I need something to guard my chickens preferably not a water fowl. My dogs.View attachment 3648851
I would say either talk to your neighbor and make them keep their dogs on thier property or set up an electric fence.

If they come on your property and destroy your flock animals that would be the breakup of any good relationship you might have with your neighbors. I would make sure my chickens were in a predator proof pen and take pictures of their dogs on my property. Then if you have a local dog warden you can report them. Here where I am pictures will make the neighbor get a fine if the dogs are lose and not in their yard. Good luck with your chickens.

If they come on your property and destroy your flock animals that would be the breakup of any good relationship you might have with your neighbors. I would make sure my chickens were in a predator proof pen and take pictures of their dogs on my property. Then if you have a local dog warden you can report them. Here where I am pictures will make the neighbor get a fine if the dogs are lose and not in their yard. Good luck with your chickens.
Yeah I’ll kill the dogs if they get near my coop and I guess you’re right I just don’t want her to poison my flock out of anger

I strongly agree. This is a reasonable and ethical solution. Your neighbor needs a high, sturdy fenced run for the dogs.

My neighbours dogs want my chickens dead they are like 7 lbs and my 130 lb German shepherd mix Rusty and my 70 lb black lab blue tic mix Nova won’t do nothing because they like them. My dogs have fought cats, stray dogs, and coyotes but not these dogs and I don’t want to make enemies with my neighbours if I kill their dogs so I need something to guard my chickens preferably not a water fowl. My dogs.View attachment 3648851
I would get a nice bear spray and use that if you encounter them, you could get a taser as well. Other than that there's other options....

You can set up an electric fence around your run and coop, the dogs can harass the chickens but not get close enough to get a hold on them.
It sucks that you would have to do that, but the other options would make an enemy of the neighbors .

Back
Top Bottom