What will we do when incandescent bulbs are outlawed?

Chotii

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Seattle area (Kirkland)
According to this article:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/09/new-ge-lightbulb-lasts-years/

"In 2012, 100-watt incandescents can no longer be made, with 75-watt bulbs phasing out in 2013, and 60- and 40-watt bulbs disappearing in 2014."

What will we do for heat lamps & incubator light bulbs? Do we stockpile? Will only outlaws have lightbulbs?
lol.png
roll.png
lol.png

Sounds like we need to vote the morons out of office who would propose such garbage and have them repeal it.

The way I see it is they might quit making incandescent bulbs for home use but there will still be people raising lizards, birds, and other critters that require heat lamps. I figure they will just be expensive and only available in the pet department. I can't see how they could completely ban the incandescent bulb. There are little ceramic things that you screw into a light socket that produce heat but even still there are other pets that require light as well as heat.
hu.gif

I hit the motherlode at Lowes and bought them out. I think I have about 300 in varying sizes. We can not use the the corkscrew type for our lamps because they hurt our eyes so badly.

Back
Top Bottom