Whats popular in Muscovy?

The blood typing on Muscovy shows there is Comb duck. They could have acquired it in the wild, or in early domestication but it is there. I would have thought someone with your expertise would have known what is in the DNA of the Muscovy.

Rosecomb-Ryan
Yes,

When you look at the type of a wild Muscovy they are near the same [b :

type wise[/b] ,just smaller, then Show Muscovies. Birds you I see today as backyard pets, have a off head and off type for either one. Most people once they see a Show Muscovy want them rather then backyard 'farm type'.

I have seen allot of show type Muscovy when showing my chickens and honestly, I don't' care for them. Baskin Robins has 31 flavors for a reason, and we all like different things. I like the wide variety of color in the farm birds and love to see all those colors at hatch time. I like playing with color genetics and do raise some rather large birds for the table. I don't want to be limited to a handful of colors. Most of the people I know and show with don't show Muscovy for the same reason, we like the colors and variaties of the birds in our back yards. thats not saying one is better, its just saying there is a prefrance and everyone has their own prefrance, if not, Baskin Robins 31 would have been called Baskin robins chocolate ice cream shoppe.​

Quote:
I have heard that could have been crossed in the wild, but not sure that was the conversation. I thought it was what people have crossed with muscovies. Everything you read isnt always true. As stated, What is there in a comb duck they would have wanted in a Muscovy? You can learn alot more from experience then from what you read online.

Quote:
I completely agree that everyone has their own tastes and opinions. I just think people need to have facts when they post things, such as you saying Show Muscovies cant see, which they can. Many people are on BYC not posting ,but learning.

Quote:
I have heard that could have been crossed in the wild, but not sure that was the conversation. I thought it was what people have crossed with muscovies. Everything you read isnt always true. As stated, What is there in a comb duck they would have wanted in a Muscovy? You can learn alot more from experience then from what you read online.

Have you ever heard of a Muscovy being DNA tested? Something that can be verified? There are all kinds of statements on the web....that does not make them true. In science you can make any statement and until someone proves you wrong it is true.

On BYC anything anyone posts seems to be true.......at least until it is proven to be false. So something can be true for 2 minutes or 209 years. I would love to see proof of the comb duck muscovy crosses..or any DNA results from muscovies.

Walt

Quote:
Not sure what you mean,
My whites are Show whites, which have been bred away from just meat and more so bred for size, type, and caruncling.

Quote:
I have seen allot of show type Muscovy when showing my chickens and honestly, I don't' care for them. Baskin Robins has 31 flavors for a reason, and we all like different things. I like the wide variety of color in the farm birds and love to see all those colors at hatch time. I like playing with color genetics and do raise some rather large birds for the table. I don't want to be limited to a handful of colors. Most of the people I know and show with don't show Muscovy for the same reason, we like the colors and variaties of the birds in our back yards. thats not saying one is better, its just saying there is a prefrance and everyone has their own prefrance, if not, Baskin Robins 31 would have been called Baskin robins chocolate ice cream shoppe.

That is really what this hobby is about. Raising the birds that appeal to us. I just respond to statements that I think are misleading to readers of this forum.

Walt

Quote:

Have you ever heard of a Muscovy being DNA tested? Something that can be verified? There are all kinds of statements on the web....that does not make them true. In science you can make any statement and until someone proves you wrong it is true.

On BYC anything anyone posts seems to be true.......at least until it is proven to be false. So something can be true for 2 minutes or 209 years. I would love to see proof of the comb duck muscovy crosses..or any DNA results from muscovies.

Walt

Exactly Walt, except people think you are picking fights when you prove them false...... I want to see the proof as well.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean,
My whites are Show whites, which have been bred away from just meat and more so bred for size, type, and caruncling.

Since I have actually seen your birds, I can say that they have much more meat than the commercial muscovies and your females are about twice the size of a backyard type.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom