What's The "Smartest" Thing You've Seen a Chicken Do?

I had a friend who had hens, but wasn't allowed to have roosters.
He wanted to raise some chicks though. He called me one day and asked if I'd drive over with my rooster and put him in with his ladies for awhile.
Since he was a friend, I loaded up the rooster and drove to his place. We put the rooster in his run, and he went right to work. I then took him home after a little bit.

The very next day, my buddy called and said he noticed that the rooster didn't mate with all his hens, and asked If we could do it again, so I said sure and drove back over to his place and repeated the procedure of the previous day.

The next morning I awoke to the sounds not of my rooster crowing, but of my pickup truck honking.
I went out to investigate, and there the rooster was in the truck honking the horn.

He was ready to go!

wink.png

Last edited:
I had a friend who had hens, but wasn't allowed to have roosters.
He wanted to raise some chicks though. He called me one day and asked if I'd drive over with my rooster and put him in with his ladies for awhile.
Since he was a friend, I loaded up the rooster and drove to his place. We put the rooster in his run, and he went right to work. I then took him home after a little bit.

The very next day, my buddy called and said he noticed that the rooster didn't mate with all his hens, and asked If we could do it again, so I said sure and drove back over to his place and repeated the procedure of the previous day.

The next morning I awoke to the sounds not of my rooster crowing, but of my pickup truck honking.
I went out to investigate, and there the rooster was in the truck honking the horn.

He was ready to go!

wink.png
Dude, are you pulling my leg, or honking my horn or knitting a yarn? Whatever, its a mighty funny story.

I have one chicken, a white bantam leghorn, that will jump up for worm treats, like a dog. It's hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom