Where to buy Muscovy ducks?

They came yesterday, all 10 of them. This hatchery really knows how to ship ducklings, they insulated the shipping box on all sides with woven hay on the inside. All 10 are healthy and very energetic! Will post some pictures tonight.

They came yesterday, all 10 of them. This hatchery really knows how to ship ducklings, they insulated the shipping box on all sides with woven hay on the inside. All 10 are healthy and very energetic! Will post some pictures tonight.

Congrats...
pop.gif

Country Hatchery "was" a joke! This teenager started a small hatchery as a 4H project. Then his mom and aunt started answering phones while he was at school. Long story short..... the kid went on to get his docorate and his sons now work at the hatchery. What started as an almost joke and a 4H project has stood the test of time.

Their website is http://countryhatchery.net/

Dr. Smith has written numerous articles in Backyard Poultry etc on Muscovy ducks.

Country Hatchery is still small and family run. You will get the attention a larger hatchery just can not provide. The person you talk to on the phone will be either the owner, his relatives or a close family friend.

A+++++++

Quote:

Quote:
Contact Information
Country Hatchery
P.O. Box 747
Wewoka, OK 74884
Ph: 405.257.1236
Email: [email protected]

Here I am, checking a few eggs in one of our Robbins Incubators. Constant supervision and maintenance assure you of a perfect incubation atmosphere, so necessary to the production of healthy, livable baby poultry.
Our hatchery is the oldest and largest mail-order hatchery in the state of Oklahoma. But we are still very old-fashioned in many ways.
  • We return phone calls.
  • We want to please the customer.
  • We refuse to sell anything except top-quality babies.
  • We monitor the weather in all parts of the country and box poultry where it arrives safely.
  • We are the only hatchery that we know of that will call you when your babies are put in the mail.
Actually, we could go on and on about the things we do to produce quality poultry and take care of our customers. Your proof will be in the way we take care of your orders and treat you as our friend first, then as our customer.
We sincerely hope that you will honor us with your poultry needs.
Thanks
Dennis, Joe & Matthew

I ordered 10 from Country Hatchery this spring and they should be here next week. I ordered 5 blues and 5 chocolates. The people on the phone were amazingly helpful and they are speedy with their mailing. I already got my order list with my payment attached. Now just to wait for the duckies to get here.

Well I was talking to a good poultry friend of mine, and they said that they ordered 10 from the county hatchery in OK and they said that they arrived a.okay to Colorado in December, So I went ahead and ordered 12 from them, and the phone operator I spoke to said that they should do fine. Fingers crossed!
wee.gif
Do you still have/raise Muscovy's? I'm also in Colorado, Colorado Springs to be exact. I'd like to get a breeding pair (prefer to get as ducklings).

Back
Top Bottom