Where to buy Muscovy ducks?

Have you been here? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/130753/muscovy-keepers-share-your-pics/12450#post_14633507 I'm pretty sure we have a member from Col who raises Muscovy's. also there is the Buy Sell trade thread scroll down towards the bottom of forum. and then there is Where am i where are you thread go there look up Col and post what your looking for. Hope you find some but you may have to wait a spell for ducklings unless you order from a hatchery. .

Do you still have/raise Muscovy's? I'm also in Colorado, Colorado Springs to be exact. I'd like to get a breeding pair (prefer to get as ducklings).
Unfortunately I do not, When I moved away for college, I had to give my whole flock to other 4-H families.
hit.gif

I Have 2 male Muscovys for sale. They are 28 weeks old. They are brown and white pied. The pen they are in is just a holding spot while I clean their actual pen which is 12ftx 10ftx 8ft high. The Muscovy in the first pic and the one front to the left of the second pic are the ones for sale.

The ratio is one drake to 4-6 female ducks. Not only for Muscovy, it is for all ducks,geese, and chickens. I have Muscovy and when yours will get to maturity and start mating they will kill your girls and they will fight with each other very very violent. It happened to me, they will go produce internal bleeding to the girls and they will die. You will see first the girls falling down and not being able to walk, their legs will be directed to the back from too much drake heaviness from mating.

The first pic the one alone is a female .
No, it is indeed a male. Also he doesn't have his red chronicles in the picture. He is starting to get them now. Also I sold my two males and now have 1 male and 5 female Muscovy's all of which are around the same ages.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom