Where to buy New Zeland Whites?

preacher1

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 13, 2007
I'm interested in starting to raise rabbits. I'm leaning toward the New Zelands whites. I want to raise them for meat, is the New Zelands the best choice for meat? I think I would like to start with 1 buck and 2 does. Where can I purchase them at? Do I need to get my buck from a different breeder than the does? I'm located in the eastern part of Kentucky. Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Preacher1, I know of a gal close to me that sells them. She told me that winter is not the best time to start raising rabbits. Doe's will not usually have babies when it's really cold. She also told me that I should start with at least 3 females to one buck. As far as I know, New Zealands are one of the ones used for meat. California whites are another one. I don't know if you would need a different blood line for the buck vs. the does or not. Wish I could answer that one for you. If you are in eastern Kentucky, you are roughly 6 hours away from me. I have a friend that lives in Hickory, which is just outside of Paduka. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom