Where's the Chick Poop?

They've been eating pretty well since last evening and they were at the feed store for a day and a half eating. They are on Bar Ale medicated chick starter.

Also don't be alarmed if you see their first poops with clear slimy and watery consistency. Remember that their system is just starting up. I give mine probotics to introduce beneficial bacteria into their new system and this helps solidify their stool and gives the system a beneficial jump start. Not all probotics are equal. I prefer using PROBIOS for poultry. It has more beneficial bacteria and several different types. I order mine online. A jar lasts a good long time. It's added to their water and can be used throughout their lives. Just Google buy Probios for poultry. They make it for many species so make sure you get it for poultry if your interested. Within a week their stool becomes healthy and solid and not watery. It also helps prevent Pasty butt. I give it to my adult chickens as well.

Thank you so much for your post. They have been getting some of the save a chick electrolytes, and I could add in the save probiotic mix that I also bought.

Back
Top Bottom