White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
Question for those that know. I’ve recently hatched some White Cornish eggs and these are the colors that came of it. Wing feathers are coming in white. Do they eventually finish turning white?

Ok. ETA started at the beginning of thread. Looks like mine will do just fine color wise. Thanks.

EFA8D023-3943-48D4-BF6C-3C667128E86F.jpeg

Last edited:
@Fairview01
Just wanted to give you a heads up that someone named Frank is using several of your pics on the International Cornish Breeders Association FB group. If that's you, disregard, lol... But for some reason doesn't seem to be.

@Fairview01
Just wanted to give you a heads up that someone named Frank is using several of your pics on the International Cornish Breeders Association FB group. If that's you, disregard, lol... But for some reason doesn't seem to be.

Yup, that's me. The OP taught me a lot about Cornish and was instrumental in my success with the breed I'm enjoying today. He no longer raises Cornish however I visit this thread from time to time and occasionally make posts to keep it current.

Thanks.

Question for those that know. I’ve recently hatched some White Cornish eggs and these are the colors that came of it. Wing feathers are coming in white. Do they eventually finish turning white?

Ok. ETA started at the beginning of thread. Looks like mine will do just fine color wise. Thanks.

View attachment 1422669
Yeah, sounds like they are like the White Plymouth Rocks. They start out the same way.

This years hatch is getting bigger and so is the weekly feed bill. Last year was my start and I muddled through the season with killing them all with my inexperience. I consider this herd to be my real first generation of Cornish. All of these juveniles were sired by one of the OPs rooster.

All but about ten of these will go to freezer camp later this year. Definitely will need to give Bill's chicken sausage recipe a go.
IMAG0313.jpg

Don't think I have any that will leave burn marks on the show table but I bet I have a few that will get second and third looks from the judges. That is of I have a good enough eye not to cull the best from inexperience.

This years hatch is getting bigger and so is the weekly feed bill. Last year was my start and I muddled through the season with killing them all with my inexperience. I consider this herd to be my real first generation of Cornish. All of these juveniles were sired by one of the OPs rooster.

All but about ten of these will go to freezer camp later this year. Definitely will need to give Bill's chicken sausage recipe a go. View attachment 1440000
Don't think I have any that will leave burn marks on the show table but I bet I have a few that will get second and third looks from the judges. That is of I have a good enough eye not to cull the best from inexperience.
Nice bunch and I’m just getting started with them. I’ll be lucky to have 10 to start with.

Back
Top Bottom