White Jersey Giants

This is Big Boy. he is around 25 weeks old

Big Boy has some beautiful eyes!

I hope you get a positive response from the hatchery. I haven't had much luck when making inquiries. There is a breeder, Maria's Jersey Giants,that I've been looking into. She doesn't have the whites. Her focus is on the Splash,Blue's,and blacks.She sells pet,utility,and show quality stock. Her birds are magnificent.i will be making a purchase in the spring

I was literally just on her site right now! I was hoping she had gotten into whites but no such luck. What are Jersey Giant hens like? Both appearance and personality? The roosters are magnificent, especially the whites as you can see them from a distance. He would actually stop traffic at times. Several people I saw would stop and take photos of him up on the hill. Hens don't typically garner that response and I know nothing about these. Are they chatty? Inquisitive? Foragers? Or food bowl guardians? I would probably not get any white hens as not only are the hawks here fearless and the coyotes the size of mastiffs, but I've got a couple golden eagles as well. So maybe black or blue for any Jersey hens here. B

My two hens are very friendly. One of them stood off a redtailed hawk,I finished the fight. The whites are a sport of the blacks. I'm hoping with some of Maria's Birds I can cover ALL colors!

if I get a break in the weather I will try getting a picture of my hens. They are about the size of my Dark Cornish roosters. Crisp clean bright white,(When it's not FLOODING) super black eyes.

Amelia there is a seller on EBay right now auctioning JG Blue hatching eggs. I have a young puller from one of her eggs that is going to be phenomenal. If
you DON'T mind the risks of shipped eggs, I highly recommend her.

Back
Top Bottom