White Jersey Giants

Hello everyone! I ended up with a White Jersey Giant... Cockerel! Not the pullet I expected. :) He's the perfect size for hugging (not that he likes it) and has proven to be a good lookout for the girls, even though he's been the target of multiple wild creatures. The risk of having a white bird, I guess. He's from Cackle hatchery and was hatched April 2015. He's not show quality, he has white mottling on his "earlobes" and a single half black feather on his shoulder. I got him for fun, though! I won't be hatching any eggs by him, so no worries :) here he is!

Hello everyone! I ended up with a White Jersey Giant... Cockerel! Not the pullet I expected. :) He's the perfect size for hugging (not that he likes it) and has proven to be a good lookout for the girls, even though he's been the target of multiple wild creatures. The risk of having a white bird, I guess. He's from Cackle hatchery and was hatched April 2015. He's not show quality, he has white mottling on his "earlobes" and a single half black feather on his shoulder. I got him for fun, though! I won't be hatching any eggs by him, so no worries :) here he is!

He looks like a nice sized bird. I've had hatchery Black and White Giants before and thru don't usually get as big as the Heritage Black and Blues that I had briefly. I will have to say though the ones I had from hatchery were not from Cackle.

I sold off or traded off my heritage Giants, they are big eaters and they just about ate me out if house and home. I had five hens and three roosters. I did manage to use the roosters in cross breeding to my Naked Necks. I had one older hen that I just hatched babies off of. Possums got her. I have another 1/2 Giant NN that is just now ready to start laying. I have about 12 or so soon to be 7 week olds coming on. Used them to improve the size of my Naked Necks.

Last edited:
"Blue" I'm pretty sure is a female. I was told today that my White rooster over Blue should give 100% blue chicks. Gonna invest in some blacks to cover all colors.:)

Last edited:
Are any of your Giants talkers? Mine jabbers all day to the girls, his best bud Nero (an EE roo), the sky, the ground, shrubbery... He never stops! Luckily it's quiet mutterings so he's not annoying. I'm wondering if this is common for the breed?

Are any of your Giants talkers? Mine jabbers all day to the girls, his best bud Nero (an EE roo), the sky, the ground, shrubbery... He never stops! Luckily it's quiet mutterings so he's not annoying. I'm wondering if this is common for the breed?

My two roosters, cockerels actually, they are still young, have the oddest crow, almost scary when you walk outside in the morning dark thirty and hear it, sounds like a sasquatch! Other than that, not really talkative..

Back
Top Bottom