Whiting True Blue

BirdLadyWingfield

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2023
I have what is supposed to be 2 Whiting True Blues. 1 rooster and 1 hen. Her back feather have been all torn up the last week or so. She was bloody a couple days ago. But I still haven’t gotten a blue egg yet….could she still not be ready to lay yet?!?!

Attachments

• IMG_7921.jpeg
    IMG_7921.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7914.jpeg
    IMG_7914.jpeg
    535.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7905.jpeg
    IMG_7905.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7907.jpeg
    IMG_7907.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7922.jpeg
    IMG_7922.jpeg
    571.2 KB · Views: 33
Knowing how old they are will make it possible to determine if she is mature enough to lay. Do you only have the two birds? Your male will probably breed her too often and therefore break those feathers more if he only has access to one hen.

I have what is supposed to be 2 Whiting True Blues. 1 rooster and 1 hen. Her back feather have been all torn up the last week or so. She was bloody a couple days ago. But I still haven’t gotten a blue egg yet….could she still not be ready to lay yet?!?!
Sure is a pretty hen. I hope I win the WTB Egg Lottery like that this spring🤗

I thought I had a roo with my one WTB. But it ended up looking up like this except black. I might try to post a picture, but he is very active.

Back
Top Bottom