Whiting True Blues

My girls will be three years old in this coming May. so over two and a half years old. They had a brief slow down and mild molt due to the onset of shorter days and an early frost and me forgetting to start supplementing light. They now, have recovered and are still laying a decent rate of about 4 to 5 eggs per bird coming into Decembers cold days. Overall, I am pleased with these Whitings. They are easy on the feed and the mostly true pale blue eggs with an occasional olive colored egg , is popular with my egg customers. I will say my Welsummers did not miss a beat with the shorter light period or colder temps. All my Whitings lay a large egg since maturity. The Welsummers and the Black Minorcas both lay some extra large eggs and jumbos occasionally.

Last edited:
I saw another post talking about barring in whiting true blues. Some of my birds came from Murray and some from a breeder. My rooster I kept has barring and is from a breeder with nice birds. These are old pictures from when he was 4-5 months old in their hoop coop.

Attachments

• IMG_6370.jpeg
    IMG_6370.jpeg
    829.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 71729152084__4293F01A-FC5A-4529-AB91-1575890E1A52.jpeg
    71729152084__4293F01A-FC5A-4529-AB91-1575890E1A52.jpeg
    736.5 KB · Views: 9
One of the birds from McMurray looks like your standard Easter egger mutt, I think they threw it in with my whitings. It lays an off white egg too, I’ll probably rehome it. It is actually pretty friendly and not as flighty.
There's no way to tell which are WTB and which are Easter Eggers by looks. They can look the same. You may just have a WTB that didn't have the correct egg genetics. Or it could be an EE. Either way, it should be culled from the WTB gene pool for not laying the correct color egg if you plan to breed them. Sounds like you've got that covered.

There's no way to tell which are WTB and which are Easter Eggers by looks. They can look the same. You may just have a WTB that didn't have the correct egg genetics. Or it could be an EE. Either way, it should be culled from the WTB gene pool for not laying the correct color egg if you plan to breed them. Sounds like you've got that covered.
IMG_6465.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom