Who are Jerry and Grady?

Shawneejohnson

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 16, 2012
My little boys are trying to balance their limited budget against buying the best (Serama) eggs they can afford, so I have 2 questions if anyone knows the answers. Reading ads on Ebay for eggs, some people say, "MY CHICKENS CAME FROM JERRY IN LOUISIANA!"

Others are saying their breeding pen is "Grady Taylor" .

I have no clue what (who?) either of these people are or if they really do add value or quality to the potential seramas that may hatch from their eggs.

If anyone can clarify I appreciate it! Thank you!

A quick google for "grady taylor serama" pulled up some info, he appears to be pretty well respected in the Serama world.

Grady Taylor is located in Jackson county Florida. He is the "maker" of the Oreo Saramas. He is still breeding them to this day. They are very special to him and very hard to come by. All certified. And limited availability. Beautiful Birds!

You may want to ask this over in the Breeds forum. There is a Serama thread here.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/415294/american-serama-thread/19340

I will say this, that even if the seller claims to have started with some of the best that does not mean the seller is still producing birds of that same quality. Doing your homework is a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom