Who eats the Wazine eggs?

FinsUp

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
lake oswego flats
Just wondering. I know some people eat the ivermectin dosed eggs since that is what people are wormed with. I read somewhere on here that wazine doesn't effect dogs, to scramble and feed it to them. I wouldn't sell them, but are they safe for us to eat?

Quote:
There's a warning on the bottle that states not to medicate prior to slaughter within 14 days to turkeys and chickens. If the chicken is good to eat on the 15th day, so are the eggs.

Round 1 is wazine, the next round will be ivermectin. Dose that after 10 days, then 14 more before I would sell them. However, wondering if I could feed the 10 day eggs to the dog? There is no labeling for the ivermectin since it isn't labeled for chickens. Just wondering if they would be safe for us?

You will find many different opinions on this. When I first got chickens I did the wazine thing and ate the eggs, well because I don't read directions cause I think I don't need to (and I am not a man) hehe. Well we did not notice any different in taste or texture and no one grew a third leg. Long term effects...I have no idea. I do not use wazine much anymore. Winter and early spring when egg production is down anyway and I have less eggs to waste. The dog gets them and he is still kicking. I am sure some folks will be horrified that I only disgard eggs while the wazine is being administered and the day after. Okay let me have it but I know I am not alone.

I'm not gonna blast you because I am not so sure there is that much that could possibly be in an egg. It gets filtered through the chicken first. I am not advising anyone to do it but I am not so sure that I wouldn't still eat them at least after a few days. I eat them after using seven and after ivomec pour on.

Quote:
Yes, I would not give them to anyone either...just in case. Probably would not feed them to little kids....and I'm not of childbearing age anymore.

Back
Top Bottom