Who has purchased eggs from ebay ? and what was your hatch rate ?

I just ordered my first hatching eggs on ebay. I shopped around and found the seller that lives the closest, just a little less than 100 miles from me. I'm hoping this will decrease the shipping time and increase hatch rate.I'll be putting mine under a broody hen. I bought two orders of "6+" rare breeds for $1.99 per order and they combined shipping for a total of $24 for both orders. I thought that was pretty fair.

Just wondering? Are your GQF digital and were you turning your eggs 180 daily? I own both of these and have mixed feelings on both. My Brinsea Octagon 20 advance with rotator holds a steady temperature at any one egg location but different egg positions have as much as 1 deg difference so I only set peafowl eggs on two outside channels and am only able to get 8 eggs in there but with 90% hatch. Only 50% of whatever I put in the middle ever hatches so I think it needs better airflow. I an using calibrated dummy temperature eggs to measure the temperatures.

I just ordered my first hatching eggs on ebay. I shopped around and found the seller that lives the closest, just a little less than 100 miles from me. I'm hoping this will decrease the shipping time and increase hatch rate.I'll be putting mine under a broody hen. I bought two orders of "6+" rare breeds for $1.99 per order and they combined shipping for a total of $24 for both orders. I thought that was pretty fair.

Good luck! :)
I tried the broody thing with some eggs that had saddle air cells and it did not work. Plus my turkey might've ruined them because she kept stealing eggs out of the nest!
So hopefully you won't have this problem. :)

Not digital. I use the newest GQF for hatching, as it has a see through door and the other one for when the turning stops. My pheasants, peacocks and quail do great, but ebay eggs are a crap shoot. At an animal auction last month I picked eggs that were laying in the bottom of cages from birds being sold and had an 80% hatch then my friend had bought ducks there and the next morning all three had laid eggs and they all hatched. My wild turkeys had 100% hatch. My red golden pheasants are starting to hatch about six eggs every few days, so far all are hatching.

No matter what Ebay egg sellers tell you, they have absolutely no idea if their eggs are fertile or not when they ship. If you get better than three in ten to hatch you have beat the odds with eggs from Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom