Who has purchased eggs from ebay ? and what was your hatch rate ?

No matter what Ebay egg sellers tell you, they have absolutely no idea if their eggs are fertile or not when they ship. If you get better than three in ten to hatch you have beat the odds with eggs from Ebay.

How do you come about this knowledge? I agree that a 30% hatch rate is considered good, however I am curious to know why you would think that seller would have "absolutely no idea" if their eggs are fertile....

That is great! What breed?

Blue Orpingtons. It has remained at 6 out of 12, I didn't candle any and this hatch I tried 6 in a cut up egg carton and 6 on their side. Didn't learn a darn thing, 3 in the carton and 3 on their side hatched.
I wish I videoed the one I watched hatch in the carton, it peeped all the way around and then just stood up with the shell on its head like an army helmet.

Blue Orpingtons. It has remained at 6 out of 12, I didn't candle any and this hatch I tried 6 in a cut up egg carton and 6 on their side. Didn't learn a darn thing, 3 in the carton and 3 on their side hatched.
I wish I videoed the one I watched hatch in the carton, it peeped all the way around and then just stood up with the shell on its head like an army helmet.

lau.gif

Oh, I would've loved to have seen that! That's the quintensensational pose!

Back
Top Bottom