Who has the biggest coop?!?

I started on the biggest coop in my yard for sure. The coop it self is going to be 12X24, with an additional 8X12 barn on the end. It will house 5 pens inside for breeding stock.

I am pretty sure Miss Prissy has the biggest
smile.png

Mine, if you can call it a coop, is decent sized too -- the building is 15x40 (IIRC), with a 14' roofed overhang on one side that I use for crappy cement-floored runs when chicken populations require, and a couple of good-sized roofed runs off the other side, and a small lean-to run on the front.

It's not really a chicken coop per se, though -- it used to be a dog breeding/boarding kennel (not for us- it was there when we moved here) and a lot of the interior space is still being used as storage. Only about 1/2 of the interior space is actually chicken pen at present.

Pat

My coop is 8x16 and run is 16x50.

I originally wanted to make the coop 16x16 and have a roofed "porch," but downsized it by half though just cause the dimensions would be easier to build that way....lol... Wish it was bigger though....could definitely make use of the room. Big and small both have their positives and negatives.

Chickhouse5.jpg

Chickhouse2-1.jpg

Chickhouse4.jpg

Chickhouse3.jpg

Last edited:
I have got to get out of the city!
My 7 girls are spoiled with an 8x8 coop and a 30x18 run. It's not that big by comparison but it takes up well over half of the usable space in my tiny urban yard.

I doubt mine is the biggest. I have seen much larger barns on here that were exceptional to look at!
Mine used to be horse stalls, the building is 14x50 but we only use the first 40 ft for chickens and the end stall is for junk. Most of my chickens free range and out of this barn I have 100 that free range, about 60 in the brooder room and 45 in the brooder stall.
If we lined up all my tractors at the end it would be......uhm, a lot longer. I really don't want to do the math considering how many tractors and free standing dog pens I have.

9332_open_air_coops.jpg

9332_end_of_barn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom