Who here is into Photography?

Hey, I was wondering if any of you want to critique some of my photos? I started taking a photography class and I just really want to get better, so any and all criticism will be greatly appreciated.

So there is a little more than a few... Anyways, Any input as far as lighting, composition, etc. would be nice :) I know I tend to be bad with centering stuff and need to get out of that habit.....

Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if any of you want to critique some of my photos? I started taking a photography class and I just really want to get better, so any and all criticism will be greatly appreciated.

So there is a little more than a few... Anyways, Any input as far as lighting, composition, etc. would be nice :) I know I tend to be bad with centering stuff and need to get out of that habit.....
Nice!

I hate the quality the website makes this photo, but here is a picture I took the other day. :)

Good job on your pics. I have no formal training so anything I suggest is based on instinct and trial and error. When your taking the pic, be more aware of your backgrounds and what they are doing to your composition, if you can't correct the composition while taking the pic then correct it afterwards w/ cropping.

This first one in this group the background is very distracting, not much could be done w/ cropping, and maybe not much at the time of the photograph in times when you just have to snap or lose the shot (moving uncooperative subject)

Second one better background, but when faces are shot rarely is it effective for the eyes to be shut.

Third one pretty expected almost center crop, I would play w/ different crops, slightly angled or bottom or top of the field, something just to make it a little more unexpected.

Forth, cool candid, action type shot, good perspective, background is a bit distracting, but not as bad as the first one.

Fifth one the white blob in the upper right very distracting totally taking away from the shot. This one would be great for a 1:1 (square) pic. I see two good choices crop the a square w/ the center of the rose the center of the square, you will crop out the white blob, leaves and outer petals, and really focus on the best part of the pic. The other would still be cropping to a square, but keeping that left most green and cropping down from the upper left corner to make the pic a square, losing the white blob, and unattractive rt leaf, you will still have the center of the rose (prettiest part) but instead of a direct center shot it will be off center and you still keep some of the contrasting green in the shot.

Last one, that distracting yellow thing over the birds head, I would either crop it out or erase it w/ post processing tools.

Those are just my thoughts and opinions for what they are worth. (and only give since you asked)

These are all beautiful pics, nice and clear, very nice. You want input. I'll give you the best input I know, and that's doesn't mean that I my are any better, LOL

#1 The hen is perfect, and placement balanced. She has busy color, I would put her on a plainer background to make her stand out.
#2 I love bokeh, I would not use her as a subject , there's nothing special about her.
#3. I don't know, I guess I would have taken different angles and different distances to compare and kept the best one. Maybe you did. I don't know, LOL
#4 I love drips, I guess I would have tried to get more of the branch clear if possible
#5 I like this because she is a solid color and the background is busy. Her expression makes you stop and want to think about what she's thinking.
#6 Rose good, but that's too easy!
#7 Nice pigeon, stands out against background and the branches standing out with her is nice.
#8 The hawk is an amazing catch! I don't think that's very easy or common to get an opportunity to catch that and be clear.
#8 I don't know
#9 Interesting use of part of a face, those eyes really stand out and are beautiful.
#10. I think the deer gets lost because of the drab color and similar colors in the background.

Back
Top Bottom