Who here is into Photography?

Thank you guys for the compliments. My hubby bought me a Canon Rebel T2i and I am still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles on it. Taking photos is a stress reliever for me but, trying to figure out what is what on this camera is really quite confusing.

dkvart1, I had a Weimaraner that used to go after anything that flew. Flies, moths, gnats but, his very favorite was bees. Unfortunately the idiot was allergic to bees and I spent a great deal of time trying to shove Benadryl (sp?) down his throat. Even after almost 15 years he never put two and two together.
roll.png
Making bee mad = swollen face and mommy shoving pills down my throat.

Quote:
Mine keeps thinking he can catch birds! But he'll go after anything that moves, but thankfully no bees that i know of. He loves when the huge grasshoppers come out and I've lost track of how many I've saved from him. My fear is that he'll tangle w/a poisonous snake
sad.png
he has no fear of anything.

Quote:
Mine keeps thinking he can catch birds! But he'll go after anything that moves, but thankfully no bees that i know of. He loves when the huge grasshoppers come out and I've lost track of how many I've saved from him. My fear is that he'll tangle w/a poisonous snake
sad.png
he has no fear of anything.

haha, both of mine go after bees and mine he runs away after he goes after one. The funny thing is we have wood bees and they look like bumble bees, he is a totally untrained bird catcher. He catches all my straying quail LOL. When we transfer them or a lot of times a coturnix will fly out when we feed them and he catches them. None have been harmed though. Hes a good bird dog. haha. I remember when I first moved up to Mid Ga 3 years ago and he was scared to death of a gun, now he's like "wheres the squirrel wheres the squirrel?!?!?!" lol. He tracked a deer for me a couple years ago, never would have found that 12point beauty without him

Missred871 what kind of dog is he? I wouldn't trust my min schnauzer not to eat whatever he catches...and he wants to catch whatever moves!! Gonna be fun with chickens I can see this... The dog yard (neither of my dogs would listen to come back if romping around, my big guy is Johnson American Bulldog and quite stubborn when he's doing what he wants... off leash he cannot be unless confined so he wont run off!) and chicken yard will need to be seperated very well. But I wander off topic (but the big one does photography nicely. There back on topic!
wink.png
)

Here are some pics I took yesterday w/ my new lens.

66877_cherry_2.jpg

66877_cherry_3.jpg

Cherry tree in my back yard

66877_daffodils_1.jpg

66877_daffodils_3.jpg

Daffodils, also in my back yard

66877_girls_march_1.jpg

66877_girls_march_2.jpg

Just two of the girls, not very exciting pics, but I can't seem to take the camera into the yard w/o snapping one or two of the girls. My family thinks over 3000 pics of 23 chickens is excessive!!! But what do they know!!!!
gig.gif

66877_moon.jpg

The super moon at dawn, not as good as the one w/ the telescope.

66877_oreo_march_1.jpg

66877_oreo_march_2.jpg

66877_oreo_march_3.jpg

Oreo, my handsome boy. When we ordered our chicks I didn't think I wanted a boy, now I'm glad for the mistake.
love.gif

66877_redbud_1.jpg

66877_redbud_3.jpg

Redbud tree in the side yard.

66877_wisteria_1.jpg

66877_wisteria_2.jpg

66877_wisteria_3.jpg

Wisteria in the back yard.

Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoy taking them.

Kassundra, thanks for sharing those were beautiful! And you have very lovely chickens and a most handsome roo! Really wish were we are moving I could have a roo, their plumage is always so pretty, but all I'm allowed is 24 chickens, no roos!
hit.gif

Kassaundra, Beautiful pictures. I really envy you and your cherry tree. I was in Germany many.many years ago and we rented the second floor of a house. Right outside my bedroom window was a huge black cherry tree. All I had to do was open the window and climb out onto a limb that was right there and I could reach almost all of the crown of the tree (some climbing included). We had perfect timing as the fruit was just coming into season when we got there. I tell you what, I sat out in that tree many afternoons eating sun warmed cherries until I made myself sick! I have tried to grow a couple of them here but I have never gotten the knack of getting them to grow. More than likely to hot here.

Had to get up at 3 a.m. this morning to take DSD and friend to airport. When I took the doggies out before I left the moon was beautiful, light clouds flitting across it and I wished I'd have had more time to take some pics. I got back here at 6:30 and grabbed the camera, unfortuantly the wind had picked up (as had the cloud cover) which made most of the pictures blurry, but I managed to get a couple of 1/2 way decent shots between the clouds. A couple were taken as it met with the edge of a pine tree.

71237_dsc_0208.jpg

71237_dsc_0234.jpg

71237_dsc_0256.jpg

71237_dsc_0275.jpg

Back
Top Bottom