Who here is into Photography?

Thank you for taking the time to teach me all of this! I can't wait to go home and put it all to good use. I'm certainly going to start using the manual mode, now that I have a better understand of it!

And once again, GORGEOUS photos! I would love to be a professional photographer. Of course I'll be graduating with a degree in biology and not photography! I've done a bit of human photoshoot work with my uncle and even that was a lot of fun. I love nature and animals a lot more, but I just love having the camera in my hands no matter what I am doing.

We go with Cannon 30D and D10 and used to have our own photography studio. Before the crunch. Now we have sublimation business that uses photos.

Ken, I thought you said you couldn't get close enough to the wilds for a good shot... that looks pretty darned close!

The tom looks good. I wound up getting 4 poults from a fella in WV whom bought his original turks from me last year so, I am happy to have the same lines running around. They are growing fast and .. I think I have 3 jakes and 1 hen.. isn't that how it goes
lol.png

My dad misses that turkey call.. .maybe I can buy another from you for his birthday in Nov.

I would be so happy if you would give the next assignment on our little class here. I've been using a Nikon 5000d and have been fiddling with aperture when I cannot get what I want in lower lighting but, other than that, I'm an auto girl. It's difficult for me to understand all of the gibberish when I here discussion on exposure, bracketing and stops.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=453967&p=1 here's the thread. Our first lesson was composition but, I think you're right with having some of the basics being taught before the creativity aspects.
Maybe start your own thread and offer a little lesson with exposure in bright light? or piggy back on my thread and offer us Lesson #2

I know you're probably busy this weekend but, maybe next week if you get a minute. BTW, our next swap is Oct. 1 .. I hope you can make it.

Last edited:
LOL, glad he liked the call, I have several so just let me know. Oct 1st is open for me right now, but that can change with a phone call, hopefully I wont miss this one!

I actually should be in NY right now but cant leave until tonight due to a very sick goat. I will be shooting there then back home and then off to Michigan, but I might actually have a weekend off next weekend. Online stuff can help, but working with folks in person is the best way so maybe we can get a small group of local folks together for a lesson or two.

Exposure would be a good place to start, and it can be difficult with these small point and shoot cameras. I have a Sony Cybershot thats drives me nuts but like everyone else, they are handy to keep in a pocket or purse. It offers alot of manual controls as do most cameras and small tweaks can make a huge difference. If anyone plans on trying to follow what I post, please read your manual. Nothing worse then not knowing how to make very basic adjustments. I keep my manual with me and reference all the time, there is just so much technical stuff these days that its almost a must have for making certain changes.

1st shot I took with it after leaving the store LOL.

88305_dsc00007.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.

Its so hot there isnt much to shoot. The river is popular for a tube float but I couldnt even find anyone but one lonely dude fishing (the fish aint biting in this heat LOL)

PLV6082.jpg

I did scout a few areas for this coming fall....ducks were even scarce

PLV6054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom