Who here is into Photography?

Quote:
This is one of my faves of all you have posted.. super cool shot.
thumbsup.gif

As a former professional photographer turned hobbiest, I will say it is not so much the camera as it is the photographer. Sure, a $1000 camera and $2000 lens is nice (had both), but I have taken awsome photos with a $100 camera as well. If you really enjoy capturing those "Kodak moments", go to the library and read a book on beginner photography. It's free. That is how I started. "Even a $5000 camera and Photoshop can't turn a bad photo into a great one"

Last edited:
Glad you are smiling, better then being blue all day!

I have literally thousands of images i havent even had time to view yet, especially from Florida. Such an abundance of subjects!

DSC5406.jpg

This one is being printed on canvas for a hunting club.

teal.jpg

Cant forget the stuff you walk by every day

CAN7309-XL.jpg

Quote:
So true!

57171_img_3836.jpg

57171_img_3842.jpg

A creative eye can turn this

57171_img_4001.jpg

into this

57171_img_4002.jpg

These photos were taken with a Canon PowerShot Elph 100 HS. Cost less than $180.00 including carrying case, battery, charging station, and memory card. Purhased from Amazon.com. My first camera was a Star Brownie from the late 60's.

If you want to take pictures get something cheap, learn the basics, and develop a photographer's eye. Look for it. Get down in the dirt if you have to. And wear lots of bug repellant!

57171_img_3979.jpg

Great photos folks!

Tcreeks, beautiful shots! Especially love the ilttle guy trying to hide from you!

Haven't had much time since our move to get the camera out much, but did get a few shots off.

71237_021.jpg

71237_285-1.jpg

71237_283.jpg

71237_212-1.jpg

I had to crop the last three as I forgot I had the date stamp on for another project duh

That cloud formation looks ominous LOL!

I went out for a few hours. Wasn't hard finding deer, just headed to a spring i knew of...so dry here. They weren't oblidging today, weather and bugs had them ticked off.

SDC3831.jpg

SDC3818.jpg

Thanks Maxie. LOL Two Creeks, those deer flies tend to tick me off a bit too! They are fierce here! Missed a great opportunity at 5:00 the other morning, walking the dog and coming back here stands mama deer and two babies, frolicking around her! Of course I was in a hurry and without camera, trying to get DH to MRI appointment that morning, so no time to shoot anyway
sad.png
I do now take my camera out into the backyard with me quite frequently, but of course the deer never show up when I have it, only when I dont! LOL

Back
Top Bottom