Who here is into Photography?

Not a particularly outstanding subject, but I was digging the light hitting the grass and rock. The boat wouldnt settle down or I would have maybe tried afew more angles then I was able to catch.

SDC4068.jpg

Two Creeks, awesome photos as usual!!! Wish I had a tenth of you your talent.
hmm.png

Dutchgirl, Love the colors on your flowers!

Well I took these fish photos for chickerdoodles class but can't remember the numbers and I can't find the paper I had them written down on. So I shall post them here instead:

One of my koi:
16250_whatever_150.jpg

16250_whatever_145.jpg

Was going threw some other photos and found this guy:

16250_image_263750542.jpg

Great photos peewee! What a beautiful koi! And I love the black background you have there. The bird picture is great too.

Two creeks, it's amazing how a little bit of light can make a boring subject very interesting!

Hi, photography peeps! I have ZERO photography skills, but I pop in here occasionally to view recent photos - just wanted to say "hello!" this time, and tell you all how much I enjoy seeing all the pics!
thumbsup.gif

I'd give my eye teeth to shoot as good as either peewee or Two Creeks! Okay, maybe not literally but you get the idea!
big_smile.png

Would sure beat the heck out of practicing now wouldn't it ?
wink.png
I've discovered I really need to keep a little journal to keep track of what I've done that turns out well and how I achieved it, but when you are wandering around and make several changes to try to capture a better it's hard to keep track of what you did where... any suggestions?

Quote:
Maybe you could try this. Take a still subject and place it in a very shadowed area of your yard and take some pics of it. Change your settings and shutter speeds. Review your pics and see what looks best to you then move the subject to a less shadowed area then move it to a sunny area doing the same thing. You can control "WHAT" your photographing (without trying to add in movement) and concentrate on "HOW" to photograph it. You can start to build up a "feel" for the conditions and lighting and what settings work best for you in those situations and when you feel more comfortable you can try to add in movement. I did this for my new camera. The Canon that I use is my first "real" camera and I had no idea about what it could or could not do. While going threw the owners manual I would take it page by page and go out and set up small shots for myself and see just what they were talking about. I still consult my owners manual!!! And I still do not know the full extent of my cameras capabilities yet. Still learning everyday. Like the last couple of days I have been going out to photograph plants. This is something that I need to work on and plants do not go running down the street or fly away if you get to close. They are a "stationary movement" subject that you can practice almost all things on. Lighting, depth of field (still haven't mastered this yet) and even movement (the plant moving in the breeze or even having someone shake it or put a fan to it to simulate a strong breeze).
Hope this helps. I am not a professional photographer but these are just some of the things that I have done to help myself take better photos. The more I practice the more I learn and the better (in my own opinion) my photos become.
Some of my practice photos from the last couple of days.
16250_birds_01822.jpg

16250_fooling_around_0442.jpg

16250_stuff_0112.jpg

16250_stuff_0131.jpg

16250_stuff_0031.jpg

Edit for spelling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom