Who here is into Photography?

Quote:
Sounds like it might be a cool little camera if it can do everything they say it can.

Went back to the lake Friday and managed to run across quite a few birds that day! FINIALY got a good shot of the Great blue Heron that I have been after for almost a year!

16250_img_9531.jpg

16250_img_95371.jpg

Also ran across a Great White Heron:

16250_img_9430.jpg

A young Coot Bird:

16250_young_coot_bird.jpg

And I couldn't pass up a pic. of the pigeon:

16250_eola2_05911.jpg

peewee, great shots as always, and yes it sounds wonderful. Right now I'm in the market for a utilitarian cool pics type camera for a house inspecting job. We had the cool pixs and will likely go that route again, but it didn't last as long as I had hoped just over 1 year, just past the warrenty. We take good care and don't throw it around or anything so not sure if it is a cool pix issue in general or we just got a "lemon" camera?

Beautiful shots Peewee, but there's nothing unusual there, you are so consistent with great shots it's irritating LOL!

Taking my camera in next week for a sensor cleaning and general check up. I've had it nearly 3 years, so it's time I guess. I just wish I didn't have to take it nearly 40 miles to have it done. It's a shame so many businesses have gone out of biz...
sad.png

Kass, are you looking into just a small, light weight, camera that you could put into your purse and takes great pics and doesn't cost a lot? If that is what you are looking for have you looked into any of the Kodaks? If you look at the web site in my footer MOST of those pics were taken with a Kodak Easy Share DX4530 and it is only a 5MP. Hubby bought this camera for me a few years back for Christmas and I haven't had any problems with it once. It is very easy to use but the only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't take fabulous high action pics. But you can still get decent action shots with it. Look at the birds bathing on my web site. Those WERE taken with my little Kodak. I am actually looking into getting one of the 12-16MP such as the M5350 to keep in my purse (so far the best price I have found is $130.00) so I always have a camera with me.

Quote:
Well I figure that if I take the time to go out to the lake I might as well load up my entire memory that way I can at least come up with 4-10 good shots out of about 200!
lau.gif

Quote:
Thanks I'll look into that, I don't need high action ability, houses don't get up and run to often.
gig.gif
My main concern is the lag time of the shutter (hate lag time) good zoom is very helpful but not ness. mega pixels isn't as important b/c the pics are just viewed on the screen, and the company program slashes the file size before importing them anyway. Size is pretty important, it has to fit on the end of a long pole for roof shots.

Quote:
Thanks I'll look into that, I don't need high action ability, houses don't get up and run to often.
gig.gif
My main concern is the lag time of the shutter (hate lag time) good zoom is very helpful but not ness. mega pixels isn't as important b/c the pics are just viewed on the screen, and the company program slashes the file size before importing them anyway. Size is pretty important, it has to fit on the end of a long pole for roof shots.

I've been reading P&S reviews online till my eyes are crossed!!!!
barnie.gif
I've been on several sites and haven't come across any kodak in anyones top 10.

Seems I will have to put up w/ lag time in a P&S. I came across the fuji fine pix f300exr which has awesome zoom 15x and really good reviews from the sites I found. (started w/ the 550exr but the sites stated it wasn't better then the 300 it replaced) I can find this one for under $200 (but barely). Anyone have any experience w/ this camera?

Great shots as usual, Peewee.
I'm so jealous you're getting down to a lake. With the record heat this summer, Texoma was infested with that blue-green algae, which is apparently quite toxic to dogs and causes respiratory illness in humans. Since my dog goes everywhere with me it seems like, I haven't gotten a chance at any good, local nature shots.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom