Who here is into Photography?

M.Sue very nice photos! Love the one of the little girl looking into the arena.

Peewee I absolutely love all your birds of prey but that great horned owl just knocks me out! Wow! Well done!!!

Captain Spongebob (my grandson)
71237_071-1.jpg

71237_dsc_1736-2.jpg

I take photos for my former employer every week for her website, and this guy was one of my favorite subjects!
71237_dsc_4759-1.jpg

71237_dsc_3732.jpg

Mullien flowers
71237_dsc_3775.jpg

I need some help here folks... I'm looking to buy a new lens and need some opinons. I love birds and would love to get better shots of them, but you know the little guys aren't very keen on letting you get too close... my 55/200 just isn't letting me get the clairty and detail I want. Any suggestions on how to go here. I know just about nothing when it comes to lenses.

Thanks for ANY insight you all can give me!

peewee, awesome raptors.

dvart, love the pics especially the macros, cute little pup too, I can see why he would be a favorite subject. What camera are you looking for a lens for?

Dkvart, What a handsome young man!! And I just love the pic of the tractors! I feel your headache.
roll.png
I'm in the process of looking for a new lens myself. I seem to get cross-eyed after awhile of looking. So you say that the 55/200 is not letting you get close enough to the birds? Then there goes all my research. I guess I need to look at something a little longer.

M.sue, I don't know how I missed them but I love the pic of DD. What a great shot. And who doesn't like chicken bloomers!
lol.png

peewee...nice website. Love the pic on your home page and that spider....you can keep!

dkvart1...adorable grandson.....love captured reflection in his sun glasses, I'm assuming it's his mother.

My DH & DS left for deer hunting today. I made sure they each had a camera and were instructed to take lots...deer or no deer!

Kass I have a Nikon D5000 and I'm not afraid to spend some of DHs money on a really good lens (Christmas it's a good wildlife lens that will put me "closer" to subject w/out being close and then for my birthday I'll be looking into a really good macro lens
smile.png
)

Thanks for the kind words on the pics, M.S reflection is actually my step daughter 15 enjoying the boat ride.

Peewee I liked the tractors too, just wish I could have got a better angle of attack, but sometimes you just don't get an option. Yeah, seems strange, but the birds up north here won't let me get close enough for the detail I'd like. Seems odd since in Florida I had a stork that was a frequent visitor to stand on my patio and look into our living room and watch us!!

At one time I perused the Nikon website and saw that they sell some reconditioned/refurbished (or what ever they call them) lenses and the price seemed quite a bit better than a brand spanking new one.... any thoughts on getting a lens like that?

Deb

I have a nilkon too, my most recent lens was a tamron 18-270 I really like it, I shopped around and got a real good deal online, but you probably want more then a 270mm lens, but the tamron lens has been really good, it had good reviews and the camera shop I go to the expert camera man there spoke very highly of the tamron lenses in general.

Back
Top Bottom