Who here is into Photography?

Funky Feathers,

I would like to hear what you like in all the photos you posted; what do they say to you? what is the story you feel they tell? that kind of thing

OK, I like:
How do you like these?

I like the way these reeds look against the orange/pink sky

I like the reflections of the boats and the rippling of the water

I like the way the sun shines through the tress at just the right place, and the silhouettes of the trees. And the color of the sky.

I like the silhouettes of the reeds and tree against the light orange sky

I like the ring around the sun, whiteness of the sun and the silhouette of the great blue heron on the dock

I like the sparkling sun on the water and the colors, and the sunbeam on the water

I like the colors of the sky & water, the ripples of the water and the dock silhouettes

I like the mirror effect of the water and the colors of the sky and water

Funky Feathers, I am not a big fan of photo critiques. First because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if I don't like a photo and second just because I like something does not mean it is the only way to see something.. Also, I would rather hear why or what called some one to one of their own images so I can see it like they are. But I also felt bad when you asked a few times and got hardly any replies, it is worse to ignore someone and make them feel invisible.

I agree that I like the first image with the weeds and sunset, it would be a stronger image if the weeds were super sharp. You can also drop the "levels" and make the weeds black to get more pop out of the sky (just a tip not a comment on the levels of that image)

I like reflections too, but I like to try and reduce them to just the elements that I find interesting. Some times that means turning a photo from 6"x4" to something 6" x 3" (or a similar ratio for a larger print) to take out things that I think distract. Don't limit yourself to the size of the camera sensor, crop to show what you like and want to share with the viewer, I think you have a good eye, but are some times limited by the cameras ability to capture what you see.

Back
Top Bottom