Who here is into Photography?

Thanks! Only 2 pics are HDR's- the 2nd flood pic and the purple flowers.
wink.png

Goodness gracious, I sure have been away for a while. Too much to do, not enough time, I'm afraid.
But it seems everyone else has been busy too. What lovely shots! I saw macros I really liked, and a moon shot, as well. I'd go through and comment on them all, but 1. I'm too lazy and 2. there's a lot.

The one thing I'd mention on the rule of thirds; While it's a great guideline, I would only call it that. The guideline of thirds so to speak. If you don't have an eye for composition, it's great, but as a lot of photographers (writers, artists, etc.) will tell you, learn all the rules of the trade, then break them.
The rule of thirds is good, but can become boring if all of your photos are shot the same way. And if you have a fast motion shot, you may not be able to position to obey the rule of thirds. Never don't take the shot! (If you have digital! I can't imagine the cost of living by that philosophy if you shoot film). You can always edit later.

Now, speaking of editing, I recently acquired Photoshop elements 10. But I'm still miserable at this whole photoshop thing. I've been playing with it. Eh, I'll figure it out eventually.

I agree rules are made to be broken! You have to know them to break them though. Its a really good one to learn what pleases the eye. I think everybody should learn all the rules of composition and to know why you are using them or breaking them. It is so wonderful having this huge internnet thingy to help learn. Wish it was around when I first started shooting.

chris

I Love Photography! I do photography in our 4-H fair along with showing chickens and a ton of other projects! I just have a cheap Kodak Camera that doesnt take very good pics but i love using my IPod Touch! It takes great pics! I would recommend Nikon Cameras. If you want a serious camera the Nikon D5100 is the way to go! I think Nikon cameras take better pics than Kodak and other brands.

I have a sony a550... Im only 14 but Ive been artist of the month twice and gotten two pictures of mine printed in the WWF calendar of 2010.

To: questions543...

Wow thats impressive!! Ive been artist of the week a few times... and im probably one of the youngest on BYC like you... Ive seen the Sony A550 Cameras... they seem like they take great pics to!!

To: questions543...

Wow thats impressive!! Ive been artist of the week a few times... and im probably one of the youngest on BYC like you... Ive seen the Sony A550 Cameras... they seem like they take great pics to!!
Thanks!
This is the latest photos I took this is the a550 (I just got it so I dont have many great photos ye :p)

An these are the photos I took wth the sony a200 (My old camera)

ahhh I cant stop finding photos!... a few more ;) okay theese also arent the best... Ill post more later when I have more time :p

Back
Top Bottom