who knows about powder puff chinese crested dogs?

priszilla

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
easley sc
I was offered a pup and I of course want every animal in the world-- but thought I should learn more before I decide.ANyone have any experience with this breed?

Don't know about powder puff, but chinese crested do take some extra care. They need "clothing" for the bare skin frequently, and they are a bit fragile. Google the breed and find your local breed club for more info. (I do large breeds better than the bitty ones, sorry)

Chinnesse crested

make sure the puppy teeth are gone they hava tendacy to not fall out messing up the bite in later life.
Knees--luxating patlellas--where the knee moves out of socket can require major surgery
Hairless--pimple/blackhead removal and sweaters

Puffs-- soft fuffly hair that needs to be brushed on a daily basis to kept in top condition.

That the stuff off the top of my head check out the national breed club for better info.

Chinese cresteds are super dogs! I have one on my lap right now....
big_smile.png

Pippin is a "hairy hairless", meaning he has a little bit of hair. He has a whole wardrobe to help keep him warm.

pippinpillowuv8.jpg

hpim2471nq3.jpg

pippinbed2ok7.jpg

Here is a group that will tell you more!
http://www.crest-care.net/

I'd take it! I hope you post lots of pics! No special needs, powder puffs have hair and don't have the teeth problems hairless have, so other then the normal stuff it should be good!

Just be sure the parents are healthy. Cresteds are great dogs and very fun! Mostly people only know about the hairless so you may have to explain to people over and over about the difference's which I'd imagine could get annoying (but it's probably not as bad as some of the hairless comments), but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I have a chinese crested hairless and had one litter of pups. We had 2 puffs in the litter. The puffs are recessive and should have a full set of teeth and a nice double coat. They do shed. My Crested is the smartest dog I have ever owned -- just like having a toddler around. She is very vocal--doesn't bark much but does talk to me constantly to let me know exactly what she wants. PM me for more information if you like.

Mamma Maia
Deco6smaia.jpg

Her daughter Pickles:
s6mo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom