Who says when you cut a sandwich....

The only sandwiches I normally cut are grilled ones, and I do those diagonally most of the time. I just like eating the small pointed end first. Plus it looks nice cut that way.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

If I remember right this was an elderly lady and 5 days after Thanksgiving one year and as I am making us turkey sandwiches she stopped me mid stream of cutting it the kid way lol.....still cracks me up.

Verticle. I never grew up with diagonal cut sandwiches so if I make one I'm probably not going to cut it corner to corner. Though, it doesn't really matter to me.

I totally grew up with vertical cut sandwiches. But because of this thread, I have now realized that I'm odd, because I like them cut diagonally, but not right on the point, but about half an inch to the left of the point on the right corner of the top crust and half an inch to the right of the left corner of the bottom crust. I never thought about it before, just this is the "proper" way for my sandwiches to be cut. Um, nobody else cuts my sandwiches, only me.
big_smile.png
hide.gif

My mother always used to cut my sandwiches horizontally but on the few occasions that my father made me a sandwich, he cut it diagonally & it looked so cool, it was always my favorite way. However, I've never asked anyone to cut mine diagonally & I cut it horizontally when I do it for myself though nowadays, I always eat pita rather than bread so I don't cut it at all.

Never really thought about it.I have done it both ways for the kids.I will have to ask them. I don't care either way on the cut,but I REALLY get annoyed by toilet paper that comes off the bottom instead of top.I have to flip it if it is not right.

Ds used to make me cut all the crust off a grilled cheese.Thankfully that phase is over with!

I like the idea 4 pieces.Always want to eat more when it is whole or cut in 2.With 4 it MIGHT seem to be more,and keep me from over eating.

Back
Top Bottom