Why are my eggs bloody inside?!?

Five out of my last eighteen eggs I cracked were not only bloody but the yolks were loose. I now noticed that one of my chickens wont leave the nesting box. No eggs under her. Is this something to be concerned about. Nothing out of the norm has happen during the last few days to the chickens (that I have noticed) and the other chickens and her seem very healthy. Should I be looking for anything in particular? Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

lol one of my eggs was bloody but i just seperated it from the healthy eggs after they cooked,to be frank its okay to eat something that has blood as long as its cooked at a high temperature. about the mystery and causes of the bloody eggs who knows... my oppinion would be the health of the chicken or chickens that are laying the bloody eggs chickens get old and maybe their body cant produce the eggs as quick and healthy as when they were younger but are still able to lay eggs with time and extra effort until they reach that point where there not able to lay any eggs at all.

I have had this a couple of times from I think the same hen. It did put me off a bit. It was a fair bit of blood and as far as the comment about steak, I'm a vegetarian lol. Stuff like that just does gross me out. First time it was me who cracked the egg, second time i was told by my grandmother that she had cracked an egg and it had blood in it. Didn't bother her-though she got another egg and didn't eat that one. I worry about giving those eggs away to others and them finding blood in it. We don't have many chickens so do give those eggs away. Not sure which chicken it is or could be both, we have 2 Buff Orpingtons and it is one of their eggs that it has happened with.

One of my Buff's just finished being broody so I'm wondering if maybe it was the first egg she laid again after a few weeks. I thought also maybe the cockerel causes damage sometimes and that results in a bloody egg?

I have had this a couple of times from I think the same hen. It did put me off a bit. It was a fair bit of blood and as far as the comment about steak, I'm a vegetarian lol. Stuff like that just does gross me out. First time it was me who cracked the egg, second time i was told by my grandmother that she had cracked an egg and it had blood in it. Didn't bother her-though she got another egg and didn't eat that one. I worry about giving those eggs away to others and them finding blood in it. We don't have many chickens so do give those eggs away. Not sure which chicken it is or could be both, we have 2 Buff Orpingtons and it is one of their eggs that it has happened with.

One of my Buff's just finished being broody so I'm wondering if maybe it was the first egg she laid again after a few weeks. I thought also maybe the cockerel causes damage sometimes and that results in a bloody egg?
I know it grosses me out too! But there is nothing wrong with the egg or hen! I would educate your buyers about it, most of them probably already know, and keep track of the color and where it's being laid. Maybe you'll catch who it is.

something doesn't seem right about feeding hens there own eggs, even cooked, they like meat though just not chicken, no white bread it has too much chemicals... switch them out to spring water, maybe theres a residue of some chemical in the dirt? how do you know if this hen scratch isnt gmo? they like oats, they like digging up worms give um some wet dirt to dig in... algiz rune chicken foot

so this happened today. This was an egg from 3 days ago. Yesterday she didn't lay. Today's is perfectly fine!

Back
Top Bottom