Why do we love chickens so much?

I have had OEB's for a while just got 10 hatchery auracana's I think 8 hens and two Roo's. I am going to try hand taming the Roo's I have never had any luck with well behaved standard size Roo's. Really hoping I can keep these two around. Their Daddy is huge about two feet tall!!! So they will make great guard chickens llong as they dont guard against me!!!

Why do I love chickens? Let me count the ways.

C is for the Clucking sound that calms me
H is for the Hens that make my day
I is for their Interesting habits
C is for the Coop where I can play
K is for the Keeper that they make me
E is for the Eggs that come what may
N is for the Nicest birds to be

I love my chickens because they can feed themselves when needed, I don't have to constantly give them attention, even when they are born they already have an ability to take care of themselves, and because they all take care of each other. I do spend time with them every morning when I go feed them and they run up to me when I yell chick chick. They are just so amazing and so smart. (They figured out how to get out of the 6 ' fence I built around their area. Oh and they always smell so clean!

Oh thank goodness, I'm not the only one?
There definitely is something about them. How no matter how bad your day is, if you pick one up, everything just feels calm. I'm very new to chickens and had NO idea that they sucked you in like this. Their faces, personalities, how they "help" you dig in the garden. Watching their fluffy butts come running when they see you. I don't know what it is. But I like it!

i think this is my favorite post ever i love chickens and thought no one undestands me im so happy i finally found ppl like me who share my thoughts and agree to my ideas instead of walking away creeped out or saying something thatd get me into a fight with them

Wow that is a fabulous question
1. they each have a way more distinct personality than dogs
2.when you come to visit they all gather up at their fence/enclosure and stare at you with eager looks as if your a celebrity
3.They are hilarious!!!
4.They seem to care what happens to you especially roosters who seem to treat you like one of your hens
5.You raise them from when they were just eggs/little fluff balls

1)They're amazing little therapists, and can just brighten my day automatically
2)They make me feel better about eating eggs, knowing it comes from girls that have a happy life
3)They'll follow you around everywhere like a little puppy
4)They provide great entertainment with "Grasshopper football" (even though the "ball" gets eaten in the end
tongue.png
)
5)Their "other product" is my garden's best friend
6)They bring me back down to nature, and to how it was in the good ol' days. You can't get any closer to nature than by caring for one of it's creatures
7)When you're with them, you can just leave all your worries behind, forget the everyday hustle of modern life, and just be completely and utterly at peace, while listening to their soft, content clucks, as they enjoy your company, and you do theirs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom