Why i do not want GMO in my food or my pets food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your against gmo but I bet you raise hatchery birds. Don't you think that your birds are modified for maximum performance? How do you think hatcheries can crank out chicks like they do. They sure aren't the same old chickens grandma had. Think about it. I may be off base a little here but I get tired of hearing some folks complain about gmo but they're raising cornish rocks.
No my hens are coming from an organic farm non soy non corn non gmo fed.
Spendy yes but healthy YES.

GMO means "genetically modified organism." Eating something that has been genetically modified does NOT cause either cancer or birth defects. For once, I would like to read a rational analysis of the situation; anything you can find by googling "GMO birth defects" or "GMO cancers" is going to be a lot of hysterical fearmongering intended to do exactly what it has done to the OP, reduce you to a state of abject terror. The authors of such drivel are not trying to inform you, they are trying to scare you. It's sensationalist nonsense, written by someone with their own agenda and based on the very shakiest imitation of science if not outright fabrication.

In the court of public opinion, you don't have to provide hard facts; speculation and innuendo get picked up and waved around as though they actually mean something. People with no knowledge repeat what they've heard, and the story grows. Glyphosate has been in use for 40 years. It was introduced shortly after DDT was banned; there were many hoops that a manufacturer had to jump through to demonstrate that any product was effective and would also have no lasting environmental effects. Tests were done where animals were continuously exposed to various levels of the product for 2 and 3 generations, and no signs of genetic changes were noted.

Am I saying that glyphosate is 100% safe? Of course not - I haven't done the experiments myself, and I know that the scientific method doesn't work in absolutes. But if product label directions have been followed, there shouldn't be any detectable residue from the pesticide left by the time the crop is harvested. Unless the intended mother-to-be is drinking the stuff or bathing in spray solution, she isn't getting significant exposure to glyphosate. Like most modern pesticides, it breaks down fairly quickly after it has been applied.

My advice to the OP is, stop reading this junk, for the sake of your own peace of mind. I understand that you want to be informed, but these people aren't interested in informing you. They have gotten you all bent out of shape about something that really doesn't affect either you or your animals. If you don't want to be exposed to glyphosate, don't spray it in your yard, but don't worry about it being in your food because it isn't there anyway.

There is no place for logic & reason in discussions of topics of this nature. Emotionalism rules the day. People need to become outraged because other people tell them the situation is outrageous. Facts aren't needed here when we have more than enoiugh hysteria.

Last edited:
Look up Gmo Birth defects as well as Gmo cancers and Ready round up seeds .
Its effecting everything . including my right for the food i eat.

I already have been posioned by monsantos when i was a Baby Called Agent Orange .
Now they have GMO ?

its pretty sad i eat organic because thats what i Have to eat. I cant even clean with bleach because it effects me .

Yeah im scared .

I'm confused? When you were a baby they called you Agent Orange? Who called you that & why?

Your against gmo but I bet you raise hatchery birds. Don't you think that your birds are modified for maximum performance? How do you think hatcheries can crank out chicks like they do. They sure aren't the same old chickens grandma had. Think about it. I may be off base a little here but I get tired of hearing some folks complain about gmo but they're raising cornish rocks.
There is a difference between modified by selective breeding (As hatchery farms do, and Cornish Rocks) and even possibly lighting some breeds which is the result of where hatcheries get their chicks from. Also, keep in mind that hatcheries are not cranking out thousands a hen; but merely they have thousands of hens per large breeding barn if you will with a variety of cocks to fertilize the eggs with. Because birds are selected for maximum laying ability that would be why they tend to be poor in other circumstances (I.e. Dual-purpose birds are not that great at being dual-purpose as focus is on egg laying capability (i.e. profit)).

Monsanto on the other hand, is modifying species by gene splicing (which I believe I hear is illegal to do unless you are a scientist, which hatchery owners are not); they're incorporating genes into the species that would not have naturally been put in there.. Like Jelly fish genes are one example I heard of, I recently heard a new project in GMO is incorporating human genes into beef. This is done, if I recall correctly, by needing a virus like E. Coli to also connect the genes together as nothing else was capable of getting the genes into the cells (if I recall correctly, as I am recalling from a documentary I watched some time ago on that issue).

From my understanding you cannot obtain seed from GMO or Monsanto without signing a contract that you will not save the seed for future growth. Their stock is patented, in the law it mentions that regardless of how the seed/plant got into your farm land (I.e. blown from trucks carrying Monsanto products by, spills, whatsoever way) if you are caught growing it they will sue you for patent infringement. Many farmers have been dealing with this, which is in the documentary I can provide a link to if you wish.. Once the case is settled in court, whether you win it or lose it, the farmers are not permitted to provide a lot of details regarding the ordeal.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
Almost all seed companies make you sign a contract not to reuse their seeds.
That's new to me; all of the seeds I've ever bought never required anything like that. That being said: I am speaking in terms of vegetables/fruit trees, I hear in some varieties, particularly roses; people do have issues with patent infringements and so on by reproduction of their plants. Even the roses we have though never required that. Or the Trumpet Creepers, and various other plants we have recently bought.

The biggest point though: Was that had the chickens truly been GMO as Monsanto products are, even they would probably require you to sign a contract. But in reality, most hatcheries couldn't careless whether or not people use the birds they buy from them for future breeding purposes. It is about money to them, but they will get plenty of it anyway from new chicken keepers, the people who do not save back brood stock so that they don't have to buy more, losses, and even people trying new breeds.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
I'm talking about farming almost all farmers have to sign contracts. Look at buying tomato seeds in bulk some of them make you sign contracts but they're probaly gmo and gmo is the devil.

I'm talking about farming almost all farmers have to sign contracts. Look at buying tomato seeds in bulk some of them make you sign contracts but they're probaly gmo and gmo is the devil.
Could be. It's just terrible though that one plant seed that is blown in by the wind can grow in your field amongst the plants, cross pollinate with them, and then those plants are in turn classified as Monsanto products because they're "Round-up ready". Then you have to destroy all of the stock and start over completely and even then, who's to say it won't happen again?

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me!!!! You mean after all those years "THE EXPERTS" have finally gotten to together and declared for us? Holy Cow am I relieved, after forty some years they are finally here to help. I think everyone needs to step back and listen to themselves. I'm not advocating turning a blind eye but who in the hell can you really trust these days? Is it the government, your church, huge industry, the experts? Every person, every expert, every group, organization including the government have an agenda. The world is so upside down that churches who stand for human rights and freedom are advocating taking wealth from one group and giving it to others to make things FAIR. In a free country fair is spelled FREE! Get off your *** and get your own!

This sort of topic makes my head want to explode because you can't get to the truth when the Internet allows billions of opinions to stamp truth out of existence. You know what? All you can do is do your best to filter through the clutter and do your best. To me, we wouldn't have Round-Up if it weren't for DDT. There is no way to improve if you going backwards. I have to go read something else now. I'm afraid I'll die right here on the spot if I find out just how dangerous living here in United States today really is.

Big difference between "hybrid" plants and animals and GMO ones that have genes from a different species in them. To each his own, just LABEL so I have a choice. Don't just tell me it's safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom