Why is Purina feed "bad"?

Ethoxyquin was originally registered as a pesticide. Then Monsanto thought it would be a great idea to use it as a food preservative. I completely get that
roll.png

http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/reregistration/REDs/factsheets/0003fact.pdf

Mercola is a quack.

Ethoxyquin is a fat stabilizer. It keeps food from going rancid. There are no clinical links to cancer.

Here's a link to an article on the FDA telling Mercola he needs to stop making things up:

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html

For Crazy's benefit, below is an earlier version of Mercola exhorting the concerned citizens of River City about the dangers of medicinal wine, pinch-back-suits, and that awful, terrible, pastime called Pool. Yes that starts with "P" and that rhymes with "F" and that stands for fraud. However Mercola is not as fraudulent or as foolish as he first seems. He knows that It is just to difficult to come up with a catchy Broadway tune with lyrics in it that rhyme with the word "Ethoxyquin". Though Lord knows that he's tried!
lau.gif

0.jpg

Mercola gets the Piper to pay him instead of the other way around.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Raid is a pesticide...I guess that is safe too. Permethrins and Pyrethrins are pesticides. Would you want to eat either? Have a little squirt on your hot dog to keep the flies off at your next BBQ.

In all seriousness though, a big problem with ethoxyquin and other supposedly safe food preservatives (BHT, BHA) is that they are a more closely regulated in human foods than they are in
pet/animal foods. It is the a little won't hurt you, a lot will.(Like pretty much everything) There are greater amounts allowed in pet and animal foods than in human foods. How can that be right when most of the dogs/cats/chickens we are feeding are quite a bit smaller than we are? I am feeling too lazy right now to look it up but I will if anyone is interested in the actual amounts allowed in human foods vs pet foods.

Well
Raid is a pesticide...I guess that is safe too.   Permethrins and Pyrethrins are pesticides.  Would you want to eat either?  Have a little squirt on your hot dog to keep the flies off at your next BBQ.

In all seriousness though, a big problem with ethoxyquin and other supposedly safe food preservatives (BHT, BHA) is that they are a more closely regulated in human foods than they are in
pet/animal foods.  It is the a little won't hurt you, a lot will.(Like pretty much everything)  There are greater amounts allowed in pet and animal foods than in human foods.  How can that be right when most of the dogs/cats/chickens we are feeding are quite a bit smaller than we are?  I am feeling too lazy right now to look it up but I will if anyone is interested in the actual amounts allowed in human foods vs pet foods.

my thought was a little was okay but if you eat it everyday then the body might not be able to expel it over time. As far as the exthroxyquin, I cannot escape it because of what it available in my area. I am trying to use maggot farms to supplement their food but that is hard work to make enough.

My biggest concern is getting corn for my peeps that is not GMO. Since my understanding is 90%+ is GMO. If its bad for us its bad for my peeps. What I believe is tragic is how the FDA is under manned, under budged, and under supported. II've read the white pages of several GMO studies (independent of course) and the numbers are scarry. Almost the same cancer rating as drinking Round-up.

What I believe is tragic is how the FDA is under manned, under budged, and under supported. II've read the white pages of several GMO studies (independent of course) and the numbers are scarry. Almost the same cancer rating as drinking Round-up.
If you're reading cancer studies about Round-Up or GMOs with scary numbers, they're most certainly not independent.

The only scary ones are coming out of Seralini, and he's a fraud.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séralini_affair

This is the single largest feeding study done on pretty much anything - it includes IN EXCESS OF 100 BILLION animals. There is no evidence of harm at all - it's about as conclusive as anything in science gets.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25184846

As to "If a little doesn't harm you, a lot will" - the question is - what is a lot? with most of these chemicals we know the levels at which they become harmful and the foods are designed to be impossible to "overdose" with. Your animals will die from fatty liver or other obesity complications well before they'll hit any issues with ethoxyquin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom