Open Contest Wildlife Photo Contest

Pics
Are those baby spiders on her back?? Amazing shot!

Yep. Spider eyes glitter green in the light at night, so anytime I see a couple bright sparkling emeralds with a whole bunch of little green glitter sparkles close behind, I know it's a momma with her young! I love spiders, chowing down on all the nasty pests out there.

Yep. Spider eyes glitter green in the light at night, so anytime I see a couple bright sparkling emeralds with a whole bunch of little green glitter sparkles close behind, I know it's a momma with her young! I love spiders, chowing down on all the nasty pests out there.
Yup, that's why my yard glitters green at night🤮
Jerry Seinfeld GIF

They get so big out here, not too long ago I was in the kitchen when I heard something scurry across the floor behind me, it was a wolf spider the size of my palm😭

View attachment 3791058

This one bruised both its legs in a storm the first year we moved here and I found it being eaten alive by ants. I brushed off the ants and I kept it fed until it healed up. The legs were utterly useless, and I despaired of it ever being able to perch, but everything healed up normally and it now comes back every Spring.
That's awesome. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom