Will an EE Roo over Barred Rock hens Produce Sexlink chicks?

Will the chicks be Sexlink?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
keep an eye on this one... if none of them have head spot, these means they all will be hens..(at least the black ones, the yellow ones are not from the barred hens, unless they are not pure and are heterozygous for Extended black)
The spot you see on this baby is skin from where the goo has not worn off! I will get better pics when they are fully fluffed!

UPDATED PICS OF THE BABIES! no head spots or barring in the wing feathers coming in. they have a lot of dander though, on of them has and almost bluish grey looking baby fluff, but is feathering in black all 3 have muff and beards.

3 more hatched From Captain Morgan and his Barred Rock Girls yesterday and none of them have spots on their heads either, at this point either the boys aren't hatching or they are not sexlinked chicks.

My guess is that they won't be sexlinked.
But hopefully you just got all girls, woulndn;t that be awesome?
Cute babies.

That would be awesome, i am going to hatch out one more batch of their chicks for the easter hatchalong and if none of them have headspots I will have to say they aren't either. :( Oh well they are cuties anyway.

Can someone take a look at my EE Roo? You have to see the pic on my profile though. I am currently at a location that I cant load a picture. Mine looks a lot like the OPs but has a black splash. He is a duck wing I do believe. I am also getting ready to put some eggs of his in the bator. The hens of mine a Barred Rocks. Thanks.

O.K So out of 9 chick total hatch from My EE Roo over Barred Rock hens I FINALLY GOT A BOY!
celebrate.gif
A little pullet hatched right along with him making 1 Cockerel and 8 pullets in 3 different hatches.
IF I were to Breed the Boy back to his sisters would all offspring be barred? and what about egg color how would I know what color egg gene the cockerel would pass down. I never thought I would be so happy to hatch out a little cockerel!
here is the pic of the one and only boy i have hatched so far from these matings!

Last edited:
Congratulations!
ya.gif

Does the cockeral have a peacomb? Do the girls have peacombs?
If so then you have a good chance of blue/green eggs.

Congratulations!
ya.gif

Does the cockeral have a peacomb? Do the girls have peacombs?
If so then you have a good chance of blue/green eggs.
I have some of both types of combs in all three hatches! the three day old chicks I can't tell yet what type they have. The little cockerel who is 3 days old now will stand there when i open the brooder and walk towards and follow my hand unlike the other chicks who freak and run away :)

O.K. I am planning on using the little Barred Roo, his pea combed sisters and other green egg layers to create my own line of Barred EE's. Since i have a few girls with straight combs and some with wonky combs with the possibility of laying colored eggs that i will be selling as well as any wonky/ straight combed Roos out of this breeding in the future, I would like to come up with a name for them that isn't black sexlink to get more people interested in buying them. The girls look like an EE or Black ameracauna that doesn't meet breed standard with muffs and some with half beards. Dad has passed that down strongly to all his offspring not just these.

I am just unsure of a name there are many possibility's and since I did not use one of the traditional breed of Roos to make these Sexlinks I would like to come up with another name. Any Suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom