Will momma duck move her eggs around before they hatch?

I definitely will post some pics!! I may have to buy a new sd card though haha! I raised these ducks since they were tiny babies so i am so excited for the new ones to arrive!! Im thinking they are due this week which is awesome becaue my rabbit is due anytime now!! Its like having kids all over again, the anticipation is killing me!! But yes there will pictures comming when they arrive!!

Rabbit babies too!!!! Goodness, what's in the water around you!?!?!? I have all female babbits, on purpose!
So excited for you!

Impressed most Pekin have as much mothering instinct as a doorknob lol. Good luck. Hope she achieves some little ones. Kits too? wow, bred lionheads eons ago but have gone out of that...

This year i am hopeful to be 'babyless' on the farm, have our own two legged one coming with our oldest expecting that is more than enough excitement for one year.

Last edited:
Impressed most Pekin have as much mothering instinct as a doorknob lol. Good luck. Hope she achieves some little ones. Kits too? wow, bred lionheads eons ago but have gone out of that...

This year i am hopeful to be 'babyless' on the farm, have our own two legged one coming with our oldest expecting that is more than enough excitement for one year.

My coffee came out my nose when I read that!!! Still laughing!

So this is momma Daisey! Shes being a good momma. No babies yet, but i did candled a few last night and i could see them moving and little duckie feet!! From pics that i have seen they look around 24ish days so anytime now!! She has been spending a little more time outside of her nest. I read somewhere they may do this when hatching nears. Does anyone know if that is true?

So this is momma Daisey! Shes being a good momma. No babies yet, but i did candled a few last night and i could see them moving and little duckie feet!! From pics that i have seen they look around 24ish days so anytime now!! She has been spending a little more time outside of her nest. I read somewhere they may do this when hatching nears. Does anyone know if that is true?

love.gif
What a good mama-to-be!! I have read other members saying the same thing about their ducks spending a bit more time away when hatch time is closer.

She looks very content. Can't wait to see those ducklings!!

Back
Top Bottom