Will momma duck move her eggs around before they hatch?

I love puffy duck! And yes, mine spent a bit more time off the nest during late stage!!! So exciting!!!
And remember..... We are all picture junkies!!

Impressed most Pekin have as much mothering instinct as a doorknob lol. Good luck. Hope she achieves some little ones. Kits too? wow, bred lionheads eons ago but have gone out of that...

This year i am hopeful to be 'babyless' on the farm, have our own two legged one coming with our oldest expecting that is more than enough excitement for one year.
Yes! Someone agrees with me! I've got a Mrs. Pekin staying with my flock for the winter and mother material she is not. Three years old and has never hatched a clutch even though her owner never removed eggs. However she is always chasing boys.
lau.gif

So i think we had an opossum weasle its way into the duck pen. I have this past week found 2 eggs, both with no yolk and just a hole in them. Im not sure if the good eggs are okay or not but momma Daisy is still diligently laying on them still. Sould i leave them be? I thought we would have had babies by now. I was going to take the eggs this upcoming weekend but i dont want to do that if she still has good ones. If they were all bad she wouldnt still be laying would she?

Ok so i candled about 4 that i knew were good. All of those had a baby in it. I couldnt tell if there was movement cuz they were big but i did see veins or the vessles which im hoping is a good thing. She is still laying on them but leaving the nest alot more than before

Veins are good. The further along they get, she'll keep getting up. Mine would get up for up to a half hour. Are your ambient temps warm, cold....? Could you put food or water near her? Do you have a back up plan if she gets up?

The temperature has been warm here. The eggs were a little cool when i picked them up but not cold. I will put some food and water a little closer to her to make it easier

Hopefully she stays put! If not, do you have a bator or can u borrow one? Even if you make a cheapo DIY one....
I'm a worrier, so that's where my mind heads...

Back
Top Bottom