Will My Cracked Egg Still Hatch?

Pics
It is day 18. I was candling and by accident bumped the table. It has been 2+ hours and the baby is still breathing. Should I try and close the crack with wax or let it be?

This far along, I'd have to go with leaving it also, or possibly some Vaseline on the exposed membrane. Is the membrane punctured?

Yes the membrane is punctured. Iv checked the egg this am and the chick is peeping so I will leave it in the incubator. Luckily it was fast enough along.

Yes the membrane is punctured. Iv checked the egg this am and the chick is peeping so I will leave it in the incubator. Luckily it was fast enough along.

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes!
fl.gif

Thank you , thank you soo much!! My daughter came across an egg at the park today all by it's lonesome and worried to death someone was going to step on it so she brought it home in tears hoping she did the right thing.

So now we have the egg comfortable with heat and humidity, turning every 4 hours and I candled-ed it to check if there was a viable embryo. There is!

I was extremely concerned because there were several apparent cracks in the shell.

Well,after diligently searching the internet about what to do about, well everything, I came across this post about the nail polish and wax!! THANK YOU!!

We also discussed chances of survival among everything we have been learning about hatching an egg. Thanks again!!!

Just found my first peahen egg of the year and it was cracked on the pointy it pretty bad. All I had on hand was some locktite glue, so I outlined the cracks with it and using a small paint brush , brushed it all down smoothly. Im gonna wait a couple of days before I put it in the incubator. Im pretty sure the toxins in the glue will permeate the shell and nothing will develop but who knows? Ill keep yall posted

Just found my first peahen egg of the year and it was cracked on the pointy it pretty bad. All I had on hand was some locktite glue, so I outlined the cracks with it and using a small paint brush , brushed it all down smoothly. Im gonna wait a couple of days before I put it in the incubator. Im pretty sure the toxins in the glue will permeate the shell and nothing will develop but who knows? Ill keep yall posted

I would definitely be interested to see it this works. Good luck to you!

By the way, I date and draw my air cells with sharpie marker, which seems strong too, but they are fine with it, so I hope this works for you!

Back
Top Bottom