Will my crested duckling make it?

DuckieLover8

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2015
Hello, I just got my order of ducklings in from Ideal poultry, and I got a surprise crested duckling. She is very sweet, but she has trouble using her feet. She runs around, eats, and drinks like the other ducks, but she will occasionally wobble around and sometimes fall on her back. She just figured out how to right herself on her own. I know that crested ducks have a fatty content on their heads that may cause brain issues. Do you think that she might make it? Thanks!

Hello, I just got my order of ducklings in from Ideal poultry, and I got a surprise crested duckling. She is very sweet, but she has trouble using her feet. She runs around, eats, and drinks like the other ducks, but she will occasionally wobble around and sometimes fall on her back. She just figured out how to right herself on her own. I know that crested ducks have a fatty content on their heads that may cause brain issues. Do you think that she might make it? Thanks!
She sure might make it,Especially since she can right herself on her own. Make sure to add some poultry vitamins to their drinking water, Poultry Nutri drench or save a chick can help give her the extra nutrients she needs right now for a good start.I would also get some Nutritional yeast and start adding it to their feed 1Tab per cup of feed daily. They all need the extra B vits the yeast supplies. This is not baking yeast. . B's helps give your ducklings strong neurological support and leg support. Whic they don't get eating chick feed.

@DuckieLover8

Back
Top Bottom